"glow-stiks"

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by geezer, Jan 11, 2008.

1. geezer

geezer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'm really getting into the idea of using those glow stiks. Perhaps in a gallon milk jug, 2 oz. weight, one gold fish n - - - let her float!
    Anyone do this?

2. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    i have used glow sticks with my ballons before i use to tape them on but a boc member had a good idea told me to try putting the glow stick inside the ballon. i also use 2 ounce sinker and make my ballons about tennis ball size works great for me.

3. Yellercat

Yellercat New Member

State:
    Texas
    I am not familiar with this technique. Can anyone help out a rookie by providing some details of this set up. Thanks

4. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    well basically using some kind of float ( bobbers) i like ballons myself (cheap) and putting glow sticks on them so u can see them at night. i have my hook on the bottom come up a foot or 2 tie on my sinker usually 2 to 4 ounces depending on size of live bait then tie on the ballon or float of your choice at what ever depth u desire i usually do this in some what shallow water 2 to 10 foot and try to keep my bait around what i think is 2 foot off the bottom. slip floats work well for deeper situations they sell both the glow sticks and slip floats at wal mart. its fun way to fish watching the float take off and disapear:smile2: not knowing if its a 2 lber or a 100 lber.

5. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    i use the katbobbers and glow sticks from gene @ wild wolf products. They work real good esp forr large baits look em up!!!!wait i see him down there he'll be on in a minute!!!!

6. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    as a matter of fact i wish i could give him more business but they work so good that i still have the four i bought & bout half the glowsticks from last year since they last so long!!!! be sure to check him out, he has what u need!!!

7. olddriller

olddriller New Member

State:
    Missouri
    :roll_eyes:Gary,
    I use them on my jugs ( swim noodles ) just push them into the foam they stay on good. You can see them for about 1/8 mile when the jug stands up. Only way to go for jug fishing at night.

8. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    I use the gow sticks on my kat bobbers love watching them at night. also I put them up close to end of pole and boy can you see your pole.That works real good.
    Guess I'm gonna have to order somemore Kat Bobbers from Mr Gene. I had one i called my lucky bobberCan't recall how many times I lost it,got it back however last Sunday I wasn't so lucky.Got it hung up and yep lost it again down at Clarksville Dam. So Skipeye if you find a KatBobber floating down at Winfield Dam IT'S MINE>:roll_eyes: Figured the rate it was travelin it would be there by dark.
    Anyway getting back to question at hand THEYWORK GREAT

9. Pfunk

Pfunk New Member

State:
    Lake Fork - Texas
    I love using the glow sticks. I use a stick bobber, and attach the glow stick to the stick portion (TOP).
    Whats nice about this, is if i lose my bait somehow, or my bait hits the ground, the glow stick won't stick straight up.

But when my bait is on the hook, and is not laying on the ground, the glow stick points straight up.
    I use em without any sinker, just a big chunk of doughbait, and a hook.
    It's pretty cool when they hit it, and you watch the glow travel with the fish under water.

10. Pfunk

Pfunk New Member

State:
    Lake Fork - Texas
    Or you can attach the glow stick to the end of your rod, if you want to fish on the bottom. You can't miss a strike with that glow stick on there. And on a night with no moon, those suckers can be pretty bright...