glow sticks

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by hunted, Jun 15, 2008.

1. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    don't know how many of you use them,but,we have been using those little battery operated lights that wal-mart sells to put into those little bobbers.
    one of em will outlast a lot of glow sticks and are a lot more cost effective.plus,they are bright little things too. :big_smile:

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I bought 500 of mean gene's glowsticks last year, and they fit great around the bobbers I make on my own. Very bright, maybe too bright for my liking. But, there is no looking to see where they are heading. I will keep that in mind though and might try that. rollo

3. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    i have no clue who mean gene is,lol.

yau can take a pen cap and tape to your bobber.make about 2 wraps on the glow stick,and shove it in the pen cap,works well for them also.

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Gene is a BOC member, and has Wild Wolf Products in the sponsor section. They offer some great products. I will try your technique, thanks for sharing....rollo

5. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    i'll have to check out his stuff,thanks.we got a few tricks,just tryin to be a little more lazier by the day,lol.of course,my tricks don't always show,considering the amount of fish i been catching,lol

6. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    I use genes also they are the best Ive found! His katbobbers are the shiznit also! I dont fish without them.

7. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    I just got a tube of glowsticks...what's the best way to attach them to the rod tip? Do they work best all the way to the tip, or back down a bit?

8. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    I just carry a roll of black tape in my tackle box. Take about a inch or so long piece of tape and tape them to your rod tip. I tape them in two places, at the top and at the bottom of the glow stick. Clear up at the tip of the rod on the bottom side of the rod. You can see the slightest bite with them.

9. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    I bought some of the glow sticks from wild wolf products (mean gene) for my nieces. The only down side of them is they are packed together from the manufacturer. They wont care they are will use them up fast enough. But if you are buying a lot of 200+ for fishing you will want to make sure they are either packed in singles or 2-3 per cellophane package. Exposer to light will weaken the chemical's inside. When you buy in lots don't be mad when you get a dud. It happens. :big_smile: