Glow sticks

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by AZflats, Apr 24, 2007.

1. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Any one know a good source to buy glow sticks from... I checked e-bay and they have a bunch of vendors there. But I have bought many glow sticks before that never work out of the packaging.. Any one use glow sticks for night fishing, where do you get yours at?
    Thanks!
    Andy

2. Eithne

Eithne New Member

State:
    OK

3. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    I just ordered 100 sticks.. That is just what I needed.
    Thank you!
    :big_smile:

4. Eithne

Eithne New Member

State:
    OK
    Glad I could help. Thanks for supporting our sponsors. :smile2:

5. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    I use the 8 inchers and get them from where u looked.

I use electrial tape to attach them.

Some of the dual bell attachments for the thinner rods can than be attached to the glow stick and will not turn or come off very easy. This would be for when one is napping. I would still take the bells off to cast.

Love them glow sticks!!!!!!

:feel_good:

6. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Great Deal.....get them from WOLF just like ysa did!!!!! That and it helps to support BOC!!!!!!

:sure:

7. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    I use glo sticks sometimes but I had about a hundred given to me last year and I stll got a bunch their expensive to buy i know what your saying.

8. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Actually, Gene Sells em very reasonably.... You should check out his website. some of the Cheapest Stix I've found.. Also, his Katbobbers are AWESOME for flathead fishing :)

9. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    WOLF IS GENE, wild wolf products. thats where i got 100 last year. he sells the green witch is definatly the brightest of the colors i tested.

heres a great attachment idea. i use it and theres no looking for tape. lasts a whole season or longer. take the connectors that come with them. the ones used to make a bracelet. put one at the tip and use a tiny electricical zip tie to tightly zip them down to the rod. put a glowstick in it. then take another connector and attach to other end of glowstick. zip it tightly down. snip off the ends of the ties. when the glow stick burns down or the next trip simply remove the glowstick and crack a new one. stick the ends right back into the connectors and go fishing.

10. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    I buy mine from Gene also, if I'm using them on a rod I use one of the connectors with a piece of wire bent in a hook shape. Insert wire into the connector slide glowstick into connector hook the wire into one of the guide foots on the rod. I use big foam slip floats and just push the glowstick into the float.
    One of my fishing buddys uses the berkley glowrods, one of them the lights quite working, he used the connectors to put three glowsticks together and slid them inside the top section of the rod. It worked better than the lights so now he uses the glowsticks inside both his rods.

11. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Did it change the "action" of the rod at all?? Would it affect fighting a large fish?

12. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I also just use some electrical tape and attach them to the end of the rod. Does not affect that action at all.

Gene is definatly the man to get em from.

13. flathead man

flathead man New Member

State:
    ohio
    WAl MARt has a good susply and if they dont work take em back

14. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    Tim, the rod still casts fine and he landed a 47.2lb flathead last week wth no trouble.

15. nkccatman

nkccatman New Member

State:
    mo
    I use the walmart ones and also the dollar store has some that are fair also!

16. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    I just ordered 100 glow stix from Gene. I am proud to support a BOC sponsor and member. Thanks Gene.

Flint

17. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Wal Mart's a little more convenient, but since my local one has them priced at between 5 and 6 times as much as Gene's, guess where I get mine.

18. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    i use the ones from genes wild wolf company.i use his catbobbers to.they have a ready made hole in them to insert the stick into.nothing else needed.

19. yotepeeler

yotepeeler New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I got tired of going to get glow sticks before going fishing . I rigged a 3 MM LED to my wife's pole and ran 28 ga wire one wrap between eyelets to the handle where I attached a couple of hearing aid batteries taped on . One wire taped to end of batteries the other used a small alligator clip to hook and unhook wire . 3 Trips out and still going strong . Total price less then $5 . LED's are polorized so have to watch that .:smile2:

20. MDC river runner

MDC river runner New Member

State:
    kansas
    If you go to the childrens isle at wal-mart you can pick glow sticks up for 88 cents a piece.​