Glow Sticks

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by bmaultbay, Aug 21, 2006.

1. bmaultbay

bmaultbay New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Just ordered me some more glow sticks to put on my cat jugs. Noting better than watching them things dance around in the dark. Not to mention the ones sold on maine wolf products are much more visible than any others, very reasonably priced as well. I am looking forward to using them and getting out on the water as soon as I get home Wednesday.:smile2:

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Those Maine Wolf Glow sticks are awesome. Used em again over the weekend and 12 hours after I cracked em they were still lit just like when they started up. Can't beat em for sure!!

3. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Tea I also find they burn over 12 hours. Anybody that uses them and don't get them from Main-Wolf products are spending to much and getting much less.

4. Myname

Myname New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    We use them on our noodles, work real well. My oldest boy thinks they look like giant firecrackers floating down the river.

Have a nice day.

5. bigtimeblues

bigtimeblues New Member

State:
    missouri, macon
    There's nothing more relaxing than sitting in the boat at night watching the jugs dance like fireflies on the water.
    Thanks for the tip on where toget the glow sticks. I checked them out and they were cheaper than where I usually get mine.... and the last batch wasn't strictly fresh. I'll give Main Wolf a try.

6. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Greg, they are awesome brother and they are a sponser of the BOC. I have met Gene and he is a great guy, customer support is fast with them.

7. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    the glowsticks also work on the cat bobbers. It's a lot of fun to watch them dissapear under the water, and watch it run around under the water also. I wrap them around the bobber. I also use Mt. Dew bottles and put them inside of them and they work great also for my bank lines.

8. JamisonM

JamisonM New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Man, I'm glade I found them. Let me get this strait, you get 100 8 inch glow sticks per tube and for only 10 bucks for the tube?

9. navigator

navigator New Member

State:
    NC- Brunswick County
    our local dollar tree has 15 for $1 but they don't seem that bright and sometimes when you open the pack you can tell some of the have already been broken in.

10. IrishO'Brady

IrishO'Brady New Member

State:
    Ga
    these defenitely seem to be the best for the money

11. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Our Local Masonic Lodges get together each fall and buy glow sticks for all of the kids in grades pre-k through 4th to use during halloween while trick-or-treating. Because we buy them in the thousands we get an incredible discount. The first year we were paying over a dollar per stick, but now since we have done business with them before and because other lodges in nearby towns have decided to get them for their schools also, we are getting them for roughly 20 cents or less a pop. Of course we buy extras...and they are the thick but small variety, which are great for putting on top of a jug or treading next to a bobber. They last in the upwards of 14-20 hours easily. Of course those little kids can't always wait until they go out to crack them open so the busses are glowing like a nuclear reactor on the way home after school. But parents say they last all night for trick-or-treat even if the kids use them right after school and are still glowing that next morning. I'm using a couple left-overs wednesday evening to take my friend's son and my little cousin fishing down in the creek since they won't get much fishing time in once school gets going full strength. Hopefully it will have cooled down by then.

12. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    That is correct man, shipping is like $5.50 if I remember right.

So you are paying about 15.5 cents each, you cant beat it.

13. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    :big_smile: You can`t beat that with a stick thanks for the tip:big_smile: