Glow Sticks?

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by ShilohRed, Feb 12, 2009.

What size packs of Glow Sticks do you perfer?

1. 8" green Glow sticks in a 100 Pack?

2. 8" Green Glow Sticks in a 50 Pack?

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    I may have found glow sticks in a 50 pack Tube. If they do as good as they say they do. I may start selling them. Because the suppler we were getting them from. Is not answering his phone or E-mails. So its time after 3 months of no contact. To find someone that is still working.

These state on the site to last as long or longer than the ones we have now. Also there shipping with 2 layers of Bubble wrap around the tube. Then a layer of bubble wrap inside the tube also.
    Will be testing them the next 2 weeks. And will post the results. Also I have had people tell me. They would rather have them in a smaller tube then the 100 pack. But I have some that is over 3 years old. They still work as good as the new ones.
    Pete

2. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    i like to use glow sticks when night fishing, hope they still work,i might be neding some soon

3. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    just wondering where do you put the glow stick on the bobber or on the pole? we tried them both ways

4. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Our Kat Bobbers and Fat Kat Bobbers and Jug Kits all have a receiver hole that accepts a glow stick in them.
    I have been testing ( Last year) using a glow stick taped to my sinker while night fishing. And the results are looking good. Was going to hold off on posting that until later this spring. LOL
    Pete

5. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I fish with 3 or 4 rods all the time and put a glow stick on the end of each rod and a glow stick on each cat bobber and I can go through a pack of 100 in no time at all. I will be needing a tube of 100 real soon.:wink:

6. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    You can do both. Ask hey_operater about the "Rod N Bobs" website that I sent.:wink:

7. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I have a black Pitbull and I put the glow sticks around his neck so I can keep a eye on his butt while bank fishing ...... purdy slick aint it ; ) LOL

I myself like the 50 packs . Mainly because Ive bought large quanties before ( not from you or any BoC sponsor )and some were old and didnt work as well or at all.....so I'm kinda gun shy on buying a lot at once . Another reason is because we have a 2 pole limt off the bank here so 50 will last me a few months. On the boats I dont use them .

8. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    pete, can you get you hands on some of those 2 inch LED lights which goes on the pole tip? i got a couple at wally world but they never keep them in stock very long, these are a lithium battery with a very small LED light on the tip and can be turned off and on, i think lindy also makes them

9. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Wildwolfproducts.com used to make a LED light for the rod tip. But it did not sell that great.
    But if you think about it, When using our Kat Bobbers ( And were a sponsor of the board also) Theres no reason for a Light or Glow stick on the Rod tip. As the bobber has the light stick. This for most is better then watching the rod tip.
    As for glow sticks getting old. Ours have a shelf life of 3 years. But we rotate our stock. Where at the most its been in house for 6 months or so. And the suppler gets theres in where its not being held in the warehouse for a year without being used. They can be a bad package of them. As can in any product. But we have only had one the whole time we have used this brand. Others that Wild Wolf Products have tested did not stand up to the test.
    JimmyJonny sounds like your dog is a happy dog with Bling.
    Pete

10. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Man I'll tell ya Mr. Pete, from your point smaller packs would be the way, I have the tube I guess 100 from Gene going on 2 years now, they last for ever, and they do stay well in the freezer until the next night, LOL, that or I need to use more :tounge_out: even give the kids in the camp some to play with, took an old oil lamp type thing last year and put the shiny side of some foil in it and drop one or two in that thing and it lights up under the front awning real well no bugs either :wink: but yes, when they get low I know where I will be getting them. Thanks.

Oh, you gonna do some jigs up too right? my walleye supply is about 1/2 LOL.... you have any of yours in store?

11. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Randy I hope to have our jigs listed on the website soon. Been working on that. But its a slow process.
    I pass them out at night events at church also. There a hit with the kids at that also.
    Pete

12. thunderchicken

thunderchicken New Member

State:
    Yuma Az
    Do any of you guys use glow sticks around the bank when shore fishin or just on your poles or bobbers? I never have but a friend of mine does and he really likes it better than using flashlights or lanterns. Tight lines.

:cool2:

13. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    I prefer the 100 count tubes, I use them pretty fast. Not only on my rods or floats, but if you stick 1 or 2 in a clear bottle they make a lantern that give off just enoungh light to see by without blinding you or attracting bugs. Guess if you go to the 50 count tubes I'll just have to buy 2 at a time. :wink:

14. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Your right on that Griz, I also take the aluminum foil and go around 1/2 the bottle, makes for a right nice lamp with no bugs attracted. Most are shocked at just how well it lites things up with just a stick or two.

15. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    I get a hundred pack from ebay every so often. When Im not using them for night fishing, my kids are having fun with them. 100 pack 8-inch for less than $10 including shipping and handling.

16. joesf

joesf New Member

State:
    Bloomington IL
    Check out Catfish Connection P.35 of the cataloge same page as wild wolf catbobbers for diffrent sizes of lite sticks.

17. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    His 8" glow sticks are from me. I sell them to him.
    Pete

18. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    How long do they glow?
    Theres 3 different levels of glow for them. I sell the high Glow ones.
    Pete

19. joesf

joesf New Member

State:
    Bloomington IL
    I knew that but someone had asked about 2"

20. joesf

joesf New Member

State:
    Bloomington IL
    I knew that but someone had asked about 2"