Glow rods

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by CatfishCarpenter, Jan 2, 2008.

1. CatfishCarpenter

CatfishCarpenter New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'm thinkin' of gettin' some glow paint for my catfish rods. anyone try this b-4? I get tired of them glow sticks and I cant find any good rods @ B.P.S! Even a rod that u gotta shine a L.E.D on for a sec 2 illuminate.

2. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    Roger,
    Painting the tips may work ok, however you can buy the Berkely Glowstik rod. Bass Pro sells these too, with the cheapest place to get them is ................. online. I always try to get a white or bright colored rod if possible so its more visible at night.Id look into these they are a good rod for the money. rspd507

3. Douglas Foster

Douglas Foster New Member

State:
    SW Oklahoma
    I tried glow paint last summer. I used some super new formula from a company that advertises itself as being the best manufacturer of glow paints. I bought a small jar of green that was suppose to last for 12 hours. I appied it as per the instructions. I was very disappointed. I charged the paint in bright sunlight all afternoon. Barely glows at dusk, and by the time the sun sets, its out. I would warn you not to waste your time or money. Other people may have had better results. Doug

4. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I collect glow in the dark stuff and have yet to run into a good paint,I have a berkly glow rod med.action) I love the rod it has performed real well but the glow part to me is somewhat of a knovelty.When I turn the lights on it night blinds me.....Others will say different and I dont want to disscourage you because they might be the ticket fer you.....so good luck is all I can say .I depend on my clickers and a led headlamp.

5. CatfishCarpenter

CatfishCarpenter New Member

State:
    Indiana
    My buddy's always been trying to get me to go nightfishin for bass w blk light & mono. The catmaxx is white so wouldn't the whole rod "glow"?:confused2:
    Got about $150 left on my BPS gift card. Gonna have to scope out that berkley rod! I am firm believer in berkley products.

6. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Dont take it wrong I love the rod,its action is good and I have pulled in a couple 25lbers withit but as for the lights inside they blind my night vision when I am lighting it up.....It could be different fer you .I would give it a try cause the rod is worth the nuggets even if it dont glow

7. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    don't waist your time with the glow in the dark rods and glow in the dark paint. stick to the glowsticks. you can get them for pratically nothing by the hundreds on ebay

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    You can check out one of BOC sponsor for glow sticks."Wild Wolf Products. Gene will treat you right and they have fast shipping.

9. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
  10. JOEcatter

JOEcatter New Member

State:
    davenport iowa
    i have the berkley rod that takes 3 batteries and lights up and/or glows in the dark, seems to be pretty good m/h rod altho if its pitch black out looks kinda goofy holding an 8 foot glow stick