Glow rod

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Northstar, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Northstar

Northstar New Member

State:
    Michigan
    I do most of my fishing at night. Is there any way to get rod tips to glow. I have herd of painting the tip white and then three coats of glow paint then thread sealer. I have used the glow and reflective tape I am looking for something permanent. I have a glow stick, Just would like all my other rods to glow.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2009
  2. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    Buy a Berkley Glow Stick :big_smile:

3. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    first off welcome to the boc hugh yes there are glow sticks look at like disck cabelos and gander mtn also berkley has glow stick out there too

4. bodach

bodach New Member

State:
    KS Emporia
    I have always wanted to try running optical fiber all the way through the pole and some kind of a small diffuser at the tip and use a small aaa led light in the handle for the light source those small lights will run for a incredible amount of time and the fiber is flexible someone try it and let me know.

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Check out the Wild Wolf Products for the glow sticks. Works great and will last the complete night. Pete will fix you up.

6. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Reflective paint + black lights.

7. mdavis

mdavis New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Everything you want/looking for = Berkley Glow Stick Rods.

• Every size imanginable
    • Great Price
    • Glows and has LED lite with switch in handle
    All you could ask for.

8. bigkat7698

bigkat7698 New Member

State:
    Bowling Green KY
    I can only say great things about my Berkley Glowsticks they have performed flawlessly on several catches. I have used the same batteries for over a year now I only turn the lights on for a minute then off and the rod will glow for some time...Hope this helps...

9. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i got some 2 inch glow sticks off e-bay, i paid 12 bucks for 100 of them and that was with free shipping

10. Northstar

Northstar New Member

State:
    Michigan

Black lights work well. I bought on and used it a few times. Not sure about the bugs down south but up here there is no way you can run a black light. You would choke to death.

11. Northstar

Northstar New Member

State:
    Michigan
    I don't need to spend another few hundred on rods. I thought someone on here would have the solution to this common problem. Has any one ever tryed the powder glow paint that they use on jig heads. A light coat of epoxy and some glow powder and another coat of epoxy or tread sealer.

12. JUG_LINE

JUG_LINE New Member

State:
    NE Oklahoma
    I just ordered and received 100 2 inch glow sticks from ebay and cost 12 dollars delivered. You can attach these with plastic zip ties to floats or rod tips.

13. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
  14. catfishinsc

catfishinsc New Member

State:
    SC
    Team Catfish Glow Wrapz

15. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I just zip tie 8" glow sticks to the tip. Much much cheaper that the little ones that are for fishing. You can get 100 for 6-8 bucks.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2009
  16. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    Refective tape work better for me than glow paint...Or a reflective tape and a lantern or a black light to charge it!:wink::0a26:

17. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Try LED black lights. :wink:

18. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Try this Hugh. It's one of those things I keep telling my self that I'm going to do lol. The paint is pretty pricey, but I think you could take care of a lot of rod tips with one ounce of paint. each color has a different regharge time. One is up to ten hours! http://www.readysetglo.com/Glowpaint_water_bases.asp