glow in the dark tape ??

Discussion in 'Alternative Methods of Catching Catfish' started by eightball, May 29, 2008.

1. eightball

eightball New Member

State:
    tejas
    anyone use glow in the dark stuff to mark jugs ?

saw some floating sunday nite on cooper lake. could see the jugs for at least a mile on the water. wouldn't mind havin somethin like that

2. KanHeadhunter

KanHeadhunter New Member

State:
    S. E. K.
    I use it on the tips of my catfish rods. I used to use on my limblines until I found out & saw other people checking my lines. Now Just was it on my rods, works good.

3. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Where do get this tape from?

4. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    You can get the glow in the dark tape at Tractor Supply,or most any auto parts store. They use in on farm tractors,boats,trailers and such. Hope this helps. J.D.

5. kennylee

kennylee New Member

State:
    Missouri -
    Jeff, I use reflector tape on mine.
    You can get it at walmart by the trailer lights and stuff. I do most of my jugging after dark on the river and with a high out put spot light you can see your jugs from a good distance, but check your local codes, some states have a color requirement on floating devices, I'm pretty sure in texas you have to have white jugs and you can use reflectors but they have to be the silvery white ones.
    Good luck and let us know how their bitting.

6. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    I stopped by this thread to tell you exactly everything that Kennylee just told us! LOL

Reflective tape is IMHO more productive then glow in the dark!

7. eightball

eightball New Member

State:
    tejas
    thx 4 the responses. didn't know where to look for the stuff.

8. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    I use the reflective tape also if you stripe it right you a can tell if a fish is on from 200- 300 yards

9. BIGcatjakeJR

BIGcatjakeJR New Member

State:
    ohio
    me and my dad use reflector tape and i love it ,all you need is a lsd light they cost alround 10$,and reflector tape:big_smile:

10. seacatfish

seacatfish New Member

State:
    Florida
    I know we`re talking about jugs here, but I have found a real good use for reflective tape elsewhere. After having several incidences where a lady ran into my boat motor on the road and an overzealous cop pulled me over at night about a tail light not working on the trailer (who can guarantee tail lights will work after being submerged in salt water every week for a year?), I outlined the stern of the boat and even ran a strip down the shaft of the motor. Also outlined the rear of a cooler trailer. Now all the cops can think when they see me at night is, "man, that guy is making double sure to be visible". I swear it`s kept them off my case, as well as being double sure everything is good and visible. A strip of it along the rail of your boat may be a great idea if you fish an area where other boats may be running.

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Great post Dan. Safety first is a great policy. Also some great ideas. Thanks.

12. cechandler

cechandler New Member

State:
    Georgia