Glow in the dark tape

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by MR SANDMAN 800, Aug 26, 2009.

1. MR SANDMAN 800

MR SANDMAN 800 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I'm thinking about doing some night fishing, and I want to be able to see the rod tip without having to have a lantern on. Anyone ever tried this on the end of their rod tip? I went out looking for a roll of it this past weekend, but I found out it's only a seasonal item. With Halloween right around the corner they should be stocking it again pretty soon. I figured it would work great on bobbers too.

2. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Have you considered using light/glow sticks?

3. JoeDaCatKing

JoeDaCatKing New Member

State:
    PA
    tonight im going to try something... you know the foil on the inside of a pack of smokes? I taped some of it on the poles hopefully it will reflect the light of my lantern. just a thought I will let you know if it works

4. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    there are rednecks in PA ?? :confused2::smile2::smile2:

5. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    It works fairly well, just have to recharge it with brightlight frequently.:sad2:

6. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Wild Wolf Products has some 8" glow sticks for a good price. I guarntee you wont miss them danceing around on the tip of your pole.

7. StiffPole

StiffPole New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    Wally world sells some reflective tape in automotive, they have red and white. The white shows up the best. Its about 2 inches wide, but I cut it down into about .25 inch strips. Wrap a few around your rod and with very little light you can see them from quite a distance. I have some on one rod that I put on at the beginning of last summer and it is still on. Red light shows up real well on it too, which is what I have been using lately.

8. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    Why not both? Put reflective tape on the rod from the outmost guide to
    the tip-top, Around sundown, secure an eight inch glow stick on the
    opposite side of the rod from the line and guides starting at the tip top.
    Ought to be real easy to see that thing quiver all night.

9. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    I have also bought the wally world tape it sticks almost to well ,also it comes in short rolls about 30 inches I think.I have found for my rod tips I use a water based flourescent paint that I brush on.You can get it at any hobby or paint shop , they also make an oil based for more wear items such as marker buoys.The thing is the paint only glows well with a black light.I use the orange and it looks like a glow stick with the black light.The black lights don't atract bugs as bad and optronics make a small battery powered portable one.

10. channelman

channelman New Member

State:
    Linn Kansas
    My son will get a Berkley rod that glows in the dark and also lights up with a twist of the handle. He will recieve it tonight at his birthday party. It lights up like a glowstick. It should be real interesting to see it in action.

11. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    You can find the glow in the dark tape in fire/ems catalogs. Its usually used for lettering on fire helmets so you may have to order letters. Its also reflective.

12. johnliester

johnliester Active Member

State:
    Hoxie, Kansas
    I use large bells myself. It saves me from havfing to stare at my rigs constantly. My buds and I all have different sized bells so we can identify who has a bite by the tone. Also since I have hearing loss I use big copper bells that have a deep low tone. I can hear them from a long ways away!
    But I degress. I haven't used light sticks or paint, but I sure like my Berkley Glowsticks!!

13. MR SANDMAN 800

MR SANDMAN 800 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Thanks for the info everyone, it was much more than I was hoping for. :cool2:

14. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania

Ohhhh yeah! Lot's of 'em! LOL