Glow Fishing Bobbers

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by Catmaster, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    I have never used glow in the dark bobbers before. But have thought about using them. The only thing I was wondering is if u can actually tell when they go under clear water when visibility depth is about 1 foot. Can u tell?

2. MNwiskers21

MNwiskers21 New Member

State:
    South Saint Paul, MN
    Hello,

I recommend you to use lighted bobbers not glow in the dark bobbers, the reason for this is because glow in the dark bobbers have to be recharged with some sort of light all the time and depends on how far you cast out they sometimes are hard to see. Lighted bobbers which use a battery are great bobbers and they can be easily seen when they go under and it doesn't matter if the water clarity is 1 foot or 10 feet. I use lighted bobbers a lot when night fishing for walleyes and have no regrets. I recommend the NITE BRITE made by Thill, these are great lighted bobbers and are of great qaulity.

Wishing You Good Fishing!

Sincerely, Kevin

3. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Im with MNwhiskers. I too have used lighted bobbers for Walley at night.
    I will be using my cats this year.

4. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I use the large Styrofoam floats from CC for cat fishing, at night I insert a small glowstick into the top of the float. Can be seen as far as it can be cast. Glowsticks can be purchased on ebay, green ones seem to be the most visible. Whistler enlightened me to this setup.

5. fishmania

fishmania New Member

State:
    kentuky
    I would like to ask if any one has put a glow stik on the bottom with a three way rig . I know it sounds dumb just had to ask . Does any one think it would help or has any one tried it.

6. ksutroubleii

ksutroubleii New Member

State:
    New Philadelphia, OH
    I used to use the bobber with a glow stick attached. The battery operated one by Thill in my opinion is a better choice at least for me it was. My only gripe was the cost of the replacement batteries. However, you can buy them cheaper at the walmart jewelry counter if they have them in stock.

7. ksutroubleii

ksutroubleii New Member

State:
    New Philadelphia, OH

I don't know about the bottom of a 3-way...but they work for bass at night close to the lure.