Gloomis is gone but Gary Loomis is back.

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by puddle jumper, May 7, 2009.

1. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    Rod Builders,,
    There was a post in the general section aroud a week ago about GLoomis blanks no longer being offered to the public "which is true" only finished rods will be sold under the GLoomis name, owned by shamano now,, Old news

Now for the new news, Looks like Gary Loomis the brains behing the original GLoomis Rods is going to come out of retierment to start offering a new line of blanks, and rods, I asume this is great news as Gary is a rod bulding master, Shoud be some great new stuff on the market in the not so distant future:wink:
    Looking forward to getting my hands on some of his new blanks..
    Puddle

2. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Whats up john?..Thats cool,,I have never built one yet.:big_smile:,but have heard nothing but great things about them.:wink:

3. puddle jumper

State:
    NW.Georgia
    Doing good Kenny,
    Fishing when I can and building rods when im not on the water, I have been blessed enough to put a few people on the first cat on several trips over the last couple of months wich is as much fun or more than catching them myself ,
    I really like the rods you have been building bro they look great..:wink:
    John

4. Cherokee Rod Man

Cherokee Rod Man New Member

State:
    Eufaula La
    I just got an e-mail notice from Merrick tackle stating that they will be carrying this new line of blanks. His brother Bob was at the helm of ATC products and I got to build a handfull of these....great blanks. Then they were sold out and were mute as to any info on the details. So I suspect Gary and Bob may have re-aligned together? Just speculation on my part.:confused2: At any rate I hope they have 3 or 4 grades and prices to offer...we will soon see!

5. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Heah John,,I received my 2pc,gusa B85megamags today.:0010::worship::worship::worship: Thank you Lord. I would have never seen them if it wasn't for the honesty and integrity of Mel Fai, of United Composites a new company that bought the business out and found the blanks, he then remembered me and looked me up,and now Ihave my Blanks....

5 Colbalt Blue

4 OxBlood Red

1 Hunter Green,, Super nice color..

and 2 that didn't get their colors before they closed up.Which were going to be.

1 RootBeer

1 Teal

Man I'm as happy as a Bumble Bee in a Cherry Tree:smile2::smile2:

:0a31: Mel, God Bless. and have a safe trip..:wink:

Heres a little more on the GLoomis Blanks..

http://rodbuilding.org/read.php?2,301664

6. puddle jumper

State:
    NW.Georgia
    With all you have been through with thoses blanks im glad it has worked out for you buddy, I know the are great blanks,, are they going to start making the GUSA blanks again ,,Different name same blank or are they keeping the name also, ive been staying away from them untill they get all of this worked out..:confused2:??,,
    Puddle

7. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    They just bought the machinery not the name ,,Mel and his partners are going to be building their own line I beleive. He is going to send me some literature on the stuff they will produce and sell.As soon as it comes I'll send you a message.Kenny

8. kahuna bass

kahuna bass New Member

State:
    Oceanside,California
    Thanks for the kind words Kenny.

Greetings all,

We will be producing similar blanks to what the previous company produced. I just believe better, with the people now involved in the new company.

We moved the equipment back to Southern California late December, spent the past months working on equipment and getting the factory ready. Last week was our offical coming out, at the West Coast Custom Rod Show. We are in full production now.

Glad you got your blanks Kenny!!

Bass regards, Mel "Kahuna bass"
    United Composites-USA

9. Gazippoman

Gazippoman New Member

State:
    GA
    Thanks for the information Mel!

Gents, I'd love to see a few pics of the custom rods you've been making. Are you fancying them up with inlays and special thread designs?

Bill

10. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Wecome to the BOC, Mel. Yeah, I went over to the post office and they had the tube standing up in a corner.:eek:oooh:..I just laughed and said, I been waiting to long for them to stay there.:big_smile:

The blanks I cleaned up a bit and look great. Thanks again Mel.Kenny