Glock or Springfield

Discussion in 'Handgun Talk' started by scooter079, Apr 26, 2008.

1. scooter079

scooter079 New Member

State:
    ohio
    what do you guys think glock 23 40 cal or a spingfield xd 40 cal

2. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I dont have hands-on experience with the XD, but all I have read seems to be good. On the other hand I have been a Glock owner/shooter for about 10 years, I have all the 40 cal models except the model 35 longslide (hoping Santa will help me out on that one). The 22 is my carry weapon, my wife carrys a 23. We probably shoot about 200 rounds a month between the two, and have had absolutely no problems with them. They are very ergonomically comfortable to shoot, and function very well. Probably the most dependable handgun I have ever owned.
    Do your do diligence, read the reviews, go to a shop that has a range and give em both a try. What shoots good in my hand may be uncomfortable to you. Try before you buy. I dont think either would be a bad choice. Good luck.

3. jsharper

jsharper New Member

State:
    TX
    The previus post said it all. I still wouldn't trade my SIG P229 for either.

Jim

4. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I have several other handguns, but my goto gun is a Springfield XD40. I absolutely love it. Both Springield and Glock make damn good guns.:cool2:

5. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    As a police instructor, I've seen lots of both guns on the range with students. I'd lean toward the glock as I've seen more problems with the springfield as to the glock. Most of them can be traced to the magazine, but if the magazine doesn't work right, then what use is the rest of the gun. I've had alot of problems with springfields customer service also( or rather, lack there of). From what I've had experience with, it's pretty much non-existent.

Another one you might want to look at though is the S&W M&P. I haven't got to check this one out yet other than handling one but have heard good reports. I like that you can change out the grip pannels to fit different size hands. I've heard alot of good things so far but would like to put one through it's paces myself.

6. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The Glock is a proven workhorse. Not pretty (to some) but easy to use, take down and clean. I have had several models and have never had a problem with any of them the 23 is the one I shoot the most. But like someone else posted what fits one hand does not always fit good in another.

7. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    i would go with the glock.i know of some guys with xd's that have had feeding problems. if your shootin for fun you might like the xd but if your wanting self defense i would go with the glock. many here might disagree but i really like rugers for reliability also.i have a p89 9 mm from the first year they came out and it has never jammed. the first year i had it i cycled 6500 rounds thru it and i mean never jammed. i did keep it clean though.

8. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    I like the Springfield XD better but I also like Glock. If I was to buy one now I'd get the XD 45 caliber, I like that it holds more 45 ACP rounds.

9. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    I have the glock 23 and love it, its my main carry weapon.I have a buddy thats got an XD and its also a great pistol and feels good in the hand,im thinking of getting one myself.

10. TScottW99

TScottW99 New Member

State:
    NRV, VA
    I have owned both and really like both. A Glock 22 is my duty weapon and I have put thousands of rounds through her with no problems. She is very accurate and reliable.

The XD is also very reliable. I had it for a couple of years and really miss it. Never had a problem with factory mags (just non-SA mags) I like the grip angle better then on a Glock though I like the trigger and trigger reset on the Glock better.

I also prefer the finish on the Glock.

Good luck with whatever handgun you do buy.

11. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I prefer my baby Glock model 26 9 MM. I added the laser.
    I own and have owned other makes. Wife has a S&W 38 SPL hammerless revolver.

12. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    It sounds like it comes down to the fit in your hand and reliability. Some of the reliability issues can be addressed with the type of round you are trying to feed through it. Kinda like people, some weapons are just more sensitive than others. As I have posted before "fit first" then all else.

Clear on the left, clear on the right, all clear on the firing line.