glock lovers I need some advice

Discussion in 'Handgun Talk' started by scooter079, May 19, 2008.

1. scooter079

scooter079 New Member

State:
    ohio
    hey guys/gals i have been wanting to get a glock for ccw and for just playin around at the range im kinda stuck between the glock 23 and the baby 40 cal so does anyone have any good advice

2. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Mine for CCW is a 9 MM baby Glock 26, I added the laser sight.

I sometimes carry my wife's S&W 38 SPL for it's a lot smaller and lighter but still packs plenty punch. :eek:oooh:

3. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I got a buddy in Utah that has a 27 in .40 cal and he takes it to school and its comfortable he says, almost forgets he has it.

4. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I love my 40 cal Glocks, 27, 23, 22, and hopefully a 35 for Christmas. If you arent going to carry the fulsize 22, I would definately recommend the 23. My wife loves hers. I have found that the 27 has a pretty good muzzle flip, and has a really short grip. It does makes a good hide away or backup. If you do chose the 27, I would recommend getting it in a "C" model for better control(compensated) and get a grip extention. Good luck and safe shooting! :cool2:

5. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Barry, Ive been thinking about this pistol for a CCW in Nevada. Some folks I know laugh but in the right hands would be O.K. like me. It's .22 cal but so what.

Attached Files:

6. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    P.S. I could knock a Buzzard off a outhouse at 50 paces with a whisky bottle in 1 hand. That's why I want a .22 cal. Small and would do the job. Like most CCW apps, ya will never ever have to use it.

7. scooter079

scooter079 New Member

State:
    ohio
    i do like that 22 alot but i just cant get away from my .40s i love them

8. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Just one thought about the .22, in the off chance that it would come down to having to use it.

The statement comes to mind, "Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it."

This a just a suggestion, 9mm at a minimum, .40 better. Seen lots of folks shot with .22's over the years and they show up at the ER on their own power.

9. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Me Likey! :big_smile: I love an ugly gun. :smile2: The uglier the better, Glocks, Springfield X-D's, Walthers, AR's, M-1 A1's, ect, ect. Ugly is cool, ugly means function over form. Like me, :eek:oooh:.

10. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages

How many had one right between the blue ones? Not braggin, but a well placed one will bypass the ER.

11. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Scott I have the mod. 19 and like it a lot. (9mm)
    I think you shoot better with a longer sight radius and a full hold on the gun.
    Most times I've seen fellas shooting the mini's well; they have added the grip extension magazine floor plate for the mini. The original concept of the mini was for deep concealment, or back up. If yer carrying on the waist, or a shoulder rig, bigger is better.
    I compromised, with the 19, over the 17, but passed on the mini. No regrets.
    :big_smile:

12. greg

greg USCA - STAFF Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    GA/ Ia
    I have one of the first mod 23 to come out on the market it has had several thousand rounds shot thru it with no malfunctions, I recommend it highly.:big_smile:

13. whodaman

whodaman New Member

State:
    Des Moines Iowa
    i watched the guys at guns and ammo throw a glock into a concrete mixer with a couple shovel fulls of river rock let it run for 10 to 15 mintues took it out and tapped it off and then shot it and it shot every round

14. scooter079

scooter079 New Member

State:
    ohio
    yeah i have heard they are pretty much invincible thats why i chose glock over the typical 1911 or whatever most people like to carry plus my brother has the 23 and i shot it and its great

15. whodaman

whodaman New Member

State:
    Des Moines Iowa
    what does a glock cost used or new ?

16. coble9

coble9 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    last I checked, around 500 550 new, 300-400 used for most, depending on condition. I have seen a lot of them with holster wear from law enforcement, but when you pull the slide off and look for wear patterns, near flawless. You should be able to pick up an extremely nice, but possible ugly gun for well under 425 if you keep your eyes open and

17. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    Yeah I carried a .22 for many years but it was a backup weapon for my Glock 30 in .45ACP.I don't care for the .40cal I'll stick with the old tried and true .45ACP,hit him in the elbow and rip off his arm.

18. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I carry the Glock model 22 .40 cal all the time. I have the model 27 as well but I prefer the model 22. I have no problems concealing the weapon and I like to have a firm grip on the gun.

I'm assuming that you'll be carrying for personal protection from being assaulted, robbed, mugged or any other type situation that you may have to defend your life or the life of another. If a situation arises that you may have to take action and defend your life, your adreneline will be pumping extremely high, your fine motor skills will be thrown out the window and chances are you will be pointing and shooting, or god forbid fighting the bad guy for your own weapon so he won't kill you with it. I prefer to carry the model 22 because I feel my grip is much stronger on the larger hand grip, I have more rounds in the magazine and frankly I feel more comfortable with the larger gun.

That just my $.02 cents worth,

19. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    I had a 23 it was stolen, it was a fine pistol. Now I have the a model 22 and I put a extended barrel .83".

The Glock is a good system and I would recommend one to use for protection. But I will tell you having been trained on the 45 acp, a 45 is a sweet weapon. They are proven for close quarter combat.

20. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    I seen a guy get shot with a 22 and it seem to have ticked him off cause he kept attacking them other guy and took his gun.
    But, My wife works in the ER. And more people die from .22s then any other cal.
    .22 are great guns to have their small and very light, But they dont have the knock down power of the bigger cals.