Glock Fire Arm Fans

Discussion in 'Handgun Talk' started by TRP1, Jul 25, 2007.

1. TRP1

TRP1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Any Glock fans on the site. Got a SF21, 20, 35. looking for a 34

2. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    This is my Glock 26, 9 MM, bought it for carry. I added the laser sight.

3. duckriverdave

duckriverdave New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have a Glock 19, 20, 21, and 34. I also an aftermarket 40 cal barrel for the G-20 that shoots well.

Reloading components are getting so expensive. Lead prices are getting out of hand!!

drd

4. r_p_narramore

r_p_narramore New Member

State:
    East KY
    I've got a Glock 23. I like it because it's light, shoots good, and is dependable.

5. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    They are ugly blocky looking units & I'd love ta hate em but they work too well. Darn! I've got a 19 on me most times. Just as ya need educate yer thumb for the baitcaster, it's yer index finger for the Glock...extra care brother. Policemen had to go back to school for them. I think revolvers are safer to carry if you are worried about reation time & if not, carry the Glock with an empty chamber.
    :roll_eyes:

6. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    David, You should have made the 2006 BOC National Gathering. I gave away 200 pounds of lead one pound ingots. :big_smile:

7. TRP1

TRP1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Your right about them being ugly but they can be trusted to get the job done When needed

8. Rodfather23

Rodfather23 New Member

State:
    Ark
    I shot a Springfield XD last weekend, after wanting to shoot one for a whole year. I must say I loved it. The accuracy was just as good as any glock I've shot, but my favorite thing about it was the more ergonomic grip it had. The only downside I've seen so far is one place on line said that its finish didn't hold up as well as the glock. I'm thinking of investing in one.

9. Rodfather23

Rodfather23 New Member

State:
    Ark
    The one I shot was a 9mm in compact I believe with a 3 inch barrel.

10. Rodfather23

Rodfather23 New Member

State:
    Ark
    I might as well add.......another cool thing about the XDs are the magazine extenders they have you can turn a compact a full sized grip.

11. TRP1

TRP1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Been looking at one of those myself , Looks to be a nice pistol

12. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    I like Glock's but if I was going to buy something now I'd get the Springfield XD.

13. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    I've shot a glock mod 22 40 cal for years and wouldn't think of changing. there are a lot of mods that are being done to the glocks to better fit the users such as grip resizing.

14. skydiver41

skydiver41 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have 2 17's and a 22. The wife and I shoot IDPA sometimes. Now that I have a concealed carry permit I need a Model 26...Baby Glock 9mm.

15. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Michael, that was the reason I purchased mine.

Attached Files:

16. jboy434

jboy434 New Member

State:
    va
    i think you can also do that with a glock

17. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    Hi
    I have a glock mod 22 in 40 s/w, I had night sights put they were real high about 100 bucks but I real like the sight picture. I would like a little longer barrel. I use it as a ccw but would like a mod 23 or 23c.

GOD BLESS

Brian

:big_smile:

18. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey Gary, the glock is just as safe as the revolver. The revolver doesn't have a mechanical safety either. If you put your finger on the trigger, it goes boom. The glock is the same way. If you don't want it to go boom, don't put your finger on the trigger. That's a training issue like you said. People don't discipline themselves to keep thier finger off the trigger until they are ready to shoot. If they've got thier finger on the trigger while handling the weapon, it's just wreckless handling and a disaster waiting to happen.

The glocks are simple, idiot proof, ugly as sin, and just plain work! I don't care for the way they look either, but I can't argue with what works.

19. Guns & Cockpits

Guns & Cockpits New Member

State:
    California
    I am a big Glock advocate myself. They truly are the AKs of the handgun world. Drop em in the mud, light em on fire, bury them in sand, whatever you want, pull it out and it'll fire.

I have a G19, a G30, and a G23 with a 32 conversion barrel for shooting .357sig. And I love em all equally!

20. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    I'm just lil spooky bout em Vince as they had so many AD's when the cops went to them. The shop I bought mine at won't sell one with a trigger disconnector/transfer bar lighter than 5lb. And New York cop's triggers are much more than that...They actually call it a New York trigger. Put the 3.5 unit in one for target shooting and you really need to be careful. But you are absolutly right bout the safe handling. It's something about the Glock ergonomics that's different. And the sad part, most of the AD's were on suspects in the process of being detained.....hadn't even been arrested yet, but the police had weapons "trained" on them. Hard lessons learned.