Global

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by PeZ, Jul 12, 2006.

1. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Is the Weather changing? I'm thinking global warming has affected the weather in Oklahoma already we had 3 very mild winters in a row and tornado season has been very weak thats kinda nice but it has not been raining in the spring like it used too and its raining alot in the summer fishing patterns have changed IMO is anyone else noticing this. or do you think im just crazy?

2. skeetermagnet

skeetermagnet New Member

State:
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    Hey Pez, I don't think you are crazy but this is Oklahoma....the weather is ALWAYS changing, right? :big_smile: I don't buy much into the whole global warming theory. Scientists know that, at one time, we had an ice age but how did it get warmed it up then? And they know through core samples at the north pole that there was plant life growing there, but how did it get cooled down?

I think we give ourselves too much credit when we think we can permanently affect the weather. I do, however, believe that we have had short term effects on the weather. If you've ever looked out at the haze over the city on a windless day, it isn't too hard to imagine. I've fished with a couple of guys that could nearly effect the weather after eating barbecue for dinner, but that is something else. The weather is so cyclical, though, and we have only been keeping track for about a hundred years, who really knows what is responsible for the change? :roll_eyes:

Until the weatherman can tell me accurately what is going to happen tomorrow, I have a hard time believing that running my 2-cycle weedeater will make it get hotter. It makes me hotter though! :lol:

3. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    Its those guys in Atlanta hey keep telling us what to expect and when it doesn't happen we think the weather is going goofy . Blame global warming on the weather channel

4. skeetermagnet

skeetermagnet New Member

State:
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    I just love the thought of it! Global warming being the weather channel's fault! :lol: :lol: Good one!

5. fishnfool68

fishnfool68 New Member

State:
    Near Tulsa Oklahoma
    I've learned in Oklahoma if you don't like the weather,just wait a minute.The weather channel is full of a lot of hot air >global warming, coincidence I think not:eek:oooh:

6. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Don't know if it's global warming or not, but Nebraska is in the same situation. Although when I was down in Lawton/Ft. Sill for training it was much dryer there. We've had nice mild winters, but man could we use some rain.

SudDawg

7. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

The earth will, until the end, change. Its been chaning since it came to being and will continue to do so until it ends. We might be speeding up the process on the surface with pollution and waste but I don't think we are as powerful as the science community would like us to think. Bringing me to this, how much pollution and CBC's are created everytime one of the shuttles is launched? And how much pull do the large corperations with deep deep pockets really have? One of the news show did a study that showed some companies being fined for the same thing over and over and just kept paying the fines because it was cheaper than fixing the problems. i could go on and on but I will stop. Until we take the money from the lobbying groups out of congress and the corruption out of power nothing will change.

8. ahoki

ahoki New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Actually oklahoma is in almost the same weather pattern its been in for a long time. Oklahoma runs dry years about 7 to 11 years in a row then the same with wetter years 7 to 11 years in a row. Right now we are about on the 5th year to be under in our rain fall....... I know, the other day the weather guy said we were up a lil for the month, but none the less we are dry as a bone for the year just about. Dont worry, the wetter years are comming. As for the rain in the summer instead of the spring.........refer back to what that one guy said up there, this is oklahoma. No place like oklahoma.​

9. barney leonard

barney leonard New Member

State:
    Mannford,OK
    I hope the wetter years get here quick.Almost all the docks at lake thunderbird are sitting on the dirt.I've never seen this lake so low.