Global Warming

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catfishkatmando, Jul 8, 2006.

1. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    Just saw some thing on yahoo about a poll done nation wide with hunters and fishermen about global warming says 70-80% think it negatively effect the enviroment and should be fixed. What do you think. I think it is a natural ocoruance gets to much atention Plus no one called me

2. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    IMO, natural occurances happen over a much longer period of time than what is going on today. In our lifetime alone, we have witnessed these changes caused by warming. The evolution of human technology is most certainly playing a role.

3. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I think part of it may be natural but we aren't helping it any. I don't want to sound like a hippie or anyhting like that, but I do believe that there are some measures we can take to help the situation.

4. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I think it's a plot by the utility companies to get me to crank up my A/C to suck up more kilowatts...:lol:

5. Ulizth

Ulizth New Member

State:
    St. Clairsville, Ohio
    I read a study somewhere in the US that said the number one cause of ozone depletion is sheep and cattle flatuation. hummm Pretty costly to put catalitic converters on all of them.

I believe there is a natural cycle that will continue to go on with or without us interfering. That said If we want to continue with this planet the way that it is we should try not to influence that cycle by polluting our environment. We as humans (at least most of us I think) have a very narrow range of living conditions (when looking from the cosmic view) so let us be good to the earth. No, to anyone that asks, I am not a "tree hugger", but I do like where I live and hopefully some day those that follow can live also.

Life is about give and take. If you cut down a tree, plant one. Use common sense. Use moderation . . in everything.

Sorry about the rambling, I usually don't write this long but living does mean a bit to me.

:0a23:

6. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    "And I approved this message" Mobil-Exon!:roll_eyes:
    Over 2,000 scientists from 100 countries ... in what is the largest and most rigorously peer-reviewed scientific collaboration in history, dissagree!
    Futher more, the same type of denial, is why most of the fish from many of our rivers are now unfit to eat and in many places in our country the air is unfit to breathe! But hey, thats progress!:cool2:

7. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    William, I agree with you and no one called me for their survey.
    I think it's no different than it's ever been but that is just my opinion.

I agree, glaciers are melting but a P-38 fighter squadron had to make an emergency landing in Greenland in the early 40's. One plane was recovered in 1990.... it was under more than 250 feet of ice... so it's not all melting.

“The National Academy of Sciences published a report last year that defines the geographic regions of warming and cooling during the last 20 years. Surface measurements of East Africa show no warming trend. Weather satellites show a pronounced cooling trend of the atmosphere there. No one has questioned these data.”

8. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    I am really curious! Just what would have to happen, to convince you that the crap we put in the air is harming the enviorment? What would you accept as proof?

9. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Close down all the Volcanoes and Forest fires, and see if this trend continues.
    We do pollute a lot, but in the sixties I couldn't even swim in Lake Erie and now it's back to a fishing and vacation hot spot.

10. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Global warming probably wont be proven until its too late. Even if it doesnt exist the pollution we breathe is bad enough. When we create small atmospheres of pollution over cities(smog) it cant be good. Asthma in kids is on the rise just about everywhere.

11. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I have to agree that the crap our factory's are putting in the air is not good.But I also feel that the world goes through cycles.Some days the temp. breaks records and some days it don't...

12. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Justy throw some Beano in their feed...:eek:oooh:

13. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Swim in it? Lmao, Lake Erie caught on fire in the 60's! You can bet your last breath of fresh air, the reason you can swim in it now is because people seen there was a problem (burning water:roll_eyes:) and did something about it!

14. janton311

janton311 New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I agree its partly a human caused problem. But do you think enough people will ever change their ways enough to correct it...

15. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    Humans playa big role. Many forest fires are started by carelessness on man's part, and industrialization is bigger than many people think. However, even with the gradual rise of environmental damage, I think we will not live to see the worst of it.

16. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Okay, I am going to stick my neck out here in hopes that it does not get completely cut off:crazy: ...here goes. I had this discussion as part of one my bio classes. It basicly says that the depletion of the earth's rain forests play a huge part in global warming. The earth's ecosystem is incredibly delicate. So much in fact that because of the rain forest detruction in South America. The polar regions have become directly affected. i would attempt to go into it a little deeper but, then you all would begin to see how much DONT know. So I'll just save face now and shut up:big_smile: !

17. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    tree hugger I here that all the time to describe someone who cares about our earth, I will say this, anybody that is not a so called tree hugger is stupid I guess. Trees and plants make our air. Is there a better idea. If we effect the weather to much plants will not live

no plants=no air
    no air= no humans

18. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    My concerns.

If you ever worked inside a manufacturing facility or processing plant, you come to know what kind of bad stuff in the way of chemicals are being used.
    When its all said and done its alarming in alot of cases how much effort is not put into keeping this stuff where it belongs. In the factory.
    For years, up until 1980. Many manufacturing plants and chemical plants drilled deep wells and injected under pressure their waste by product into the ground.
    Now they are required to have water treatment facilities.
    Still, its amazing how little sometimes great care and concern for the enviroment is shuffled on the desk in the name of profit margins.

On another note, the town of Cary just dumped several million gallons of raw sewage into a tributary accidentally I would hope.
    It shut down 2 lakes in its aftermath for more then a week.
    Both lakes are Raleigh's back up water supply.

What I have not seen is the citizens and politicians raising cane over it.
    We have become so accustomed to hearing about these things we have become immune to listening to it.
    It was on the news only because they had to report it and they never did say that this very thing has happened numerous times before from the same town involving the same lakes.

Let a hog farmer have just a minor problem with a lagoon breach that never makes it to a major tributary and see what happens.
    They'll have hour long documentaries on hog farm pollution and have massive fines placed on the farmer.

CAN YOU SAY POLITICS?

19. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Your getting soft , maybe a little lib, or just rying to watch your back.
    Ah aint that America. Little brick housee's and you and me. LOL.:big_smile:

20. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    BTW, RP for you on that post. Coins too.