Global Warming test

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by olefin, Aug 9, 2007.

1. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
  2. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Very nice Olefin. That was a "Cool" presentation. I wonder if I quit watching TV or listening to the radio news, (which I have) would it actually help in stopping Global Warming? I think if enough people believe the sky is falling, it actually will.

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    just as i have suspected, the media has hyped it up and its a natural occurance ,which is nice to know.

4. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    9/10 :smile2:

It is good to know that being a teacher.. I have some useful information in my head!

Cool find!

5. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    i couldnt agree more. i kinda figured something as complex as i dunno... EARTH, has cycles. you know, like a chic or somethin'. i still dont advise leaving the car runnin with the ac on and windows down. gas is expensive. also i aint much for ppl who litter.

ok thats as hippy as i get.

6. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Global warming is not a mdeia hype. Virtually all climate scientists agree that itis real and has accelerated out of control in recent human history.

The only people who deny that Global Warming is real and is directly attributable to the Greenhouse effect and polution are the oil and automobile industries and the (bought and paid for) republican administration who would deny the existence of air itself if it would make more profits for their big corporate backers (at the expense of the rest of us).

7. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Interpret those two letters with periods after them as Global Warming JAinSC. We probably will have to kill the Bull to stop his gas from polluting downtown Detroit.

8. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I deny it and I don't own no oil well. Well I got 5 gallons in the barn because my truck has a front seal leak.

9. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Dont you love how people will overlook the theory part in The Milankovitch Theory. They believe it as fact and ridicule others so they can feel right about something. Its called a theory for a reason, its not like the Law of Gravity. Global Warming or not, cleaner air and water seems like a good thing to me.

10. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I think the earth is going through a stage. Just like years ago during the Ice age. The earth goes through changes if you think of how old earth is our time here is just a fraction of time. Who knows maybe 100 or 200 years later the earth might get cooler and if the media is still around they will be telling you we are going to freeze to death.But I do agree with some people that we should do as much as we can not to damage our earth.

11. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    well that sucks! :angry:i missed 2 of them:embarassed:....i need to pay more attention:eek:oooh:

12. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    wait til i tell algore you're hoarding environmental bombs:smile2:

13. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hey Brian: I like clean air as much as the next guy. It would certainly help my lung cancer. But when I got to go by Al Gore and wear an extra large clothespin to keep from smelling his rear end I draw the line. Theory's are good in the abstract but I prefer proofs.

14. derbycitycatman

State:
    Kentucky
    Im guessing you consider that "test" as fact and one of the things they cite as a source is a theory. Both sides have a theory, which "proof" are you talking about?

15. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Brian: Feel the breeze, if there is one, on that digit? Is it theory that the wind is blowing the direction you think it is or is it proof? I happen to consider it as proof that at least the wind is blowing, if it is, and that is a proof. Our mind and it's observations tells us what direction we think the wind is blowing, or it tells us that it is not moving, unless someone else has told us how to think. Theory would have me believe that I have a digit in the air, observing if there is a wind. If the wind we are contemplating requires me to wear a clothespin on my nose because I can't stand the stink of another persons theories I will always opt for the fresh air of reason.

16. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Reminds me of how much we thought we had "control" of the Mississippi River. Then in 1993, she up an slapped us around a bit for being so arrogant as to think we have the power to control mother nature. We simply are not as big a deal as we like to think we are. Clean water and air? Sure, I'm all for cleaning up what we screw up. But when one volcano puts out more pollution than man has ever done all added together, we got to stop an remember how many volcano's go off every year. Mother nature has a way of winning in the end. She's been doing it for a spell an I reckon she's gotten good at it.

Oh, by the way, Phil, don't feel bad, I missed 2 myself. For shame, for shame.

17. Cat Man Joe

Cat Man Joe New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Someone should stop those dang aliens from polluting on Mars too. The temp is going up there. The climate has been going up and down here on our rock for quite a while now, I dont think we can do anything about that. Dont think Gore hasnt made a pretty penny over this crap.

18. derbycitycatman

State:
    Kentucky
    Nice twist and spin, instead of addressing the topic of "theories" you resort to insults. How typical. What does wind have to do with Global Warming anyway, dont worry I expect you resort to more insults instead of staying on topic.:roll_eyes:

19. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I won't even consider asking who caused the end of the last ice age. Neanderthal Man did use fire, come to think of it.
    I'm still trying to figure out how President Bush caused that bridge to collapse the other day, much less how he made that hurricane do so much damage to New Orleans. Speaking of hurricanes, aren't we more than half way through this years season? Where are all those record breaking storms Gore was talking about? At the rate we are going, this is shaping up to be the least damaging season on record.

Of course, anyone who knows me knows how easily I get cold and am looking for a down side to global warming. LOL
    I've been kinda enjoying that I may not have to move down south when I retire, heck, the south is moving up to me.