glendo fishing report

Discussion in 'WYOMING LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by baldy804, Mar 24, 2008.

1. baldy804

baldy804 New Member

State:
    wyoming
    went to glendo friday theres still a bit of ice on the lake mainly from the wind piling it up on east shore fishing at the inlet of the river and got 4 cats and 1 walleye cats were all around 5 pounds and the walleye was a 3 pounder water temp 38 thanks 2 deerhunter 01 for his prompt action adding wyoming to the list

2. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Darrell, welcome to the BOC. I lived in Powell for four years in the late 70s and early 80s. Fished lots of times with my old man on the big horn river and Horseshoe bend Reservoir. It has some of the nations best channels if you are able to find em. We did really well fishing a spot called Mormon's point. Vern

3. winstonp

winstonp New Member

State:
    Wyoming
    Hi Darrell. I live in Gillette. Is the catfishing at Glendo very good through the year? I have never fished there at all, but would like to try it if it's good later in the year.
    Thanks,
    John

4. baldy804

baldy804 New Member

State:
    wyoming
    glendo is decent fishing pretty much year around if u know where to go and pattern the fish. ice off through the end of june will be good catfishing on the river just before it gets to the lake there are several public access areas along the river u can fish they usually dump shad in around july so the walleyes have some decent forage to stalk up on cats love it to :):eek:oooh: the bit slows down after that for a month or so then picks back up from mid august through october drop me a line sometime when your headed out and maybe we can hook up some cats together

5. winstonp

winstonp New Member

State:
    Wyoming
    Thanks for the info Darrell. I will definitely get a hold of you in a month or so, and see if your free. I'm just getting into catfishing , so hopefully that won't be a problem. :)

6. baldy804

baldy804 New Member

State:
    wyoming
    no problem at all you dont even need a buncha different tackle really if u fish for walleye or trout u can use those rods just spoolem with alittle heavier line say 15 lb or 17 lb test a 1/0 or 2/0 hook and some 2 or 3 ounce weights and your set fished that way for years but as i traveled around and had a chance to fish some warmer climates with bigger cats say 20- 30 lbs cats i went to bigger rods 7 ft mainly and have aquired a couple 10ft rods as for bait i will have extra chubs so i will hook u up :wink:

7. winstonp

winstonp New Member

State:
    Wyoming
    I've been buying rods, reels and some tackle throughout the year, so I should have all that I need. So I think the only thing I'm missing now is the free time...........but thats going to change. Thanks again Darrell!

8. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thanks for the report

9. HOLD-ACCOUNT

HOLD-ACCOUNT New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Glad to hear from a few of the catfish anglers in Wyoming!:cool2:

10. Toby Tyler

Toby Tyler New Member

State:
    St Louis Mo.
    I am glad to hear that I'm still going to enjoy getting some cat-fishing time in. Hopefully I'll be moving too Buffalo pretty soon. If i can get a job lined-up. Good luck and enjoy your time on the water.

11. fbjb4

fbjb4 New Member

State:
    wyoming
    was going to hit glendo today but had to shovel snow instead:sad2: going to give it a shot early thursday morn. been havin some luck. 1 about 12 pounds the other eve. anybody ever fish muddy bay this time of year for cats?