Glendo cat by accident

Discussion in 'WYOMING LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by gr8wtnorth, Jul 12, 2008.

1. gr8wtnorth

gr8wtnorth New Member

State:
    colorado/alaska
    Went up to Glendo to catch some walleye for the freezer this past week and ended up with a nice suprise. An 16# cat. I caught it on ultralight tackle and it was a real battle for about 20 minutes. We went up the canyon and the cat was between two rocks ont he shoreline in less than a foot and a half of water. As soon as the little 1/8th ounce Roadrunner jig hit the water she inhailed it and the battle was on....lol. great fun for sure.
    Ace

Attached Files:

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That is quite a nice surprise, congrats on a good cat

3. goingfishin

goingfishin New Member

State:
    Topeka, Ka
    Thats a good looking cat. It takes alot of skill to land that big of a cat on that small of a pole. Good job!!!

4. gr8wtnorth

gr8wtnorth New Member

State:
    colorado/alaska
    It was fun to catch her on light gear. I had almost forgot how much they can fight when in the river section. The current helps them a bit but she never tired out or gave up. The jig fell out of her mouth as soon as the tension was off. I think it was just held by the point of the hook on the hard part of the jaw. Never really had good penetration and the light wire hook was definately showing signs of straightening out. We do a lot of catfishing up there but usually with the right gear....lol
    Ace

5. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Nice fish Ace and welcome to the BOC. I wouldn't have thought whisker fish was in your area. Guess that shows how little i actually do know. Again welcome and check out the library, tons of good information to be had here.

6. ho_shi

ho_shi New Member

State:
    Texas
    o how i miss wyoming

never did get to fish glendo tho

oh the memories!!! lived there all my life untill movin to texas

7. gr8wtnorth

gr8wtnorth New Member

State:
    colorado/alaska
    I had to move back to Colorado this past January to care for my parents. Been in Alaska for 12 years and this is kind of culture shock coming back down here. Had my fill of trout and salmon and it's good to get back to some Walleye and cats. We had Burbot up there which is very similar to cats and they taste great (poor mans lobster they call it) but sure am happy to catch a few whiskers again. I missed it for many years. Thanks again for the welcome to the group.
    Ace

8. baldy804

baldy804 New Member

State:
    wyoming
    welcome to the boc nice fish there over average 4 shure and with the light tackle yippy lol did u catch any eyes while u were there?:eek:oooh:

9. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Well now Ace, WELCOME to the BOC. Bet you did have a fight on your hands with the light tackle. Nothing like a nice surprise to get the ole heart pumping.

10. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    Nice surprise and great fish. LOL Welcome to the BOC. Just over checking out to see if there is any good fishing holes close to NE where I can take my fiance' and the kids fishing and camping. Any info would be great.

11. big fishing

big fishing New Member

State:
    Arizona
    THAT IS A SCARY LOOKING CAT GOOD JOB