Glen Shoals Lake

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by nitronostrils, Jul 23, 2007.

1. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
    Anybody have any info on this lake?

2. Cat Man Joe

Cat Man Joe New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I know a few guys I work with that live pretty close to it. Never fished it myself. I think Ive heard the fishing isnt too bad though, if Im not mistaken. What did you want to know? Ill ask them about it for you if you want me too.
    Are you from around Litchfield?

3. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
    Yeah I was just wondering if there were any cats lurking in there and good for bank fishing. Thanks.

4. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Hey Guys I live not to far from glenn shoals. I havent fished it yet this year , but it is very good for cats. Lots of places to bank fish. The rip rap along the dam is good and the rip rap along the road crossing by the north marina is good. Plenty of parking at either spot. Lots of 1 to 2 lb fish with bigger ones lurking. I know of one over 25 being caught and released. Also flathead population is starting to show up.

This time of year the live bluegill is bait of choice for the bigguns and cut shad or commercial bait good for anything else.
    Let me know if you want we could meet up there sometime.
    Later bearcat

5. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
    Thanks CatMan, Bearcat. I was just wondering since its listed on IfishIllinois.org but no weekly reports are given.

6. Cat Man Joe

Cat Man Joe New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hey Jeremy. I asked the guy I work with about the lake and he said there are actually two lakes there. The old and the new. The old is really old and boats are restricted to trolling motors but the new isnt. He said everyone mostly goes to the new lake. Boats are on that lake like crazy and he said youd have better luck on the old lake fishing. He said there are some nice cats in there as well as some flatties, like Bearcat said. Let me know if you ever wanna fish it. I never have but would like to the way he was talking.

Hey Bearcat, the guy I asked about that lives around there too. Do you know John Pope?

Like I said if either of you guys want some company out there let me know, Im always game!!

7. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Hey Catman joe. I dont know John Pope .

On glenn shoals. The boats are only bad on sunday. Also since they raised the day pass cost to 20 $ this year alot of the baots coming from farthur away are not there. Early morning and later evening when the cats are biting it is pretty quite on the lake. The old hillsboro lake is good for cats also. I have caught some really nice ones there. The best spot to fish it is from a boat though. Glenn shoals has better bank access.
    Good luck and I hope this info helps.