Glen Cunningham Lake

Discussion in 'NEBRASKA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by cubedweller, Jul 22, 2007.

1. cubedweller

cubedweller New Member

State:
    MO
    I usually only post in the KS/MO boards, but since I'm in Omaha for the weekend I thought I'd share this.

I was looking for a place to wet a line and found Glen Cunningham Lake on Google maps -- so I headed out there blindly. To my dismay and surprise, this reservoir has been drained for restocking and renovation. Goes to show that you can't trust Google maps all the time.

However, this opportunity is a good time for bank anglers to take some reference photos of the renovation efforts -- there are several small gravel humps that are being built up and look like they'd be in about 20-30' of water when they refill the lake.

2. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Wish ya would of asked a head of time, we could of pointed ya in the direction of the other lakes in Omaha. Wehrspann, Zorinsky, Walnut Creek, Standing Bear. Good idea about marking the lake topography before it fills again.

SudDawg

3. cubedweller

cubedweller New Member

State:
    MO
    Well, to be honest I wasn't in town to go fishing -- it just worked out that way. I ended up going to Zorinsky for a few hours where my niece caught her first fish. I hadn't brought my own equipment, so I wasn't really set up to do any serious catfishing, but I tossed out a hunk of Bee-Jay and managed to get a few bites, but nothing substantial enough for a hookset.