Glen Carbon, IL Walmart

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by astutzman, Sep 4, 2008.

1. astutzman

astutzman New Member

State:
    Collinsville, IL
    I was at the Glen Carbon Walmart last night and it looks like they are remodeling the entire fishing section, and have reduced a lot of their prices. They had Tidewater BC reels for only $19. I bought two for myself--I only needed one but for $19 I couldn't pass up the pair. There were 4 left last night. These will go fast, so get em while they're still there.

They also had Berkeley Big Game rods (the white ones) for $11, and a big selection of Big Game line (mono) for $4-$5.

They have a bunch of deals on other things too, sunglasses, hooks, some smaller weights, some ass lures.

If you're in the area, defintiely check this store out.

2. Bossofbeefbowl

Bossofbeefbowl New Member

State:
    Hanover Park,IL
    Wish I was somewhere near there.At the Walmart I go to they have a clearance section right next to the fishing area.I've found some nice deals there before.

3. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    They have a bunch of deals on other things too, sunglasses, hooks, some smaller weights, some ass lures.

If you're in the area, defintiely check this store out.[/QUOTE]

What kind of lures? :wink::smile2:

4. Don Wessling

Don Wessling New Member

State:
    IL.
    will these lures sneak up behind the fish and catch them by surprise?

5. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Love the 'ass' lures remark. :smile2::smile2::smile2:

6. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    There more than likely are "remodeling" it, was reading the other day that wm is going to go ahead and get rid of the "outdoors" section in a lot of the same stores that they removed the gun sales from.......??

ASS LURES :misdoubt::embarrassed_2::smile2:

7. astutzman

astutzman New Member

State:
    Collinsville, IL
    What kind of lures? :wink::smile2:[/QUOTE]

woops

8. astutzman

astutzman New Member

State:
    Collinsville, IL
    They still sell guns at this Walmart. it's one of the few that I know of that still does. I'm pretty sure they won't get rid of the section, because there were signs up about ordering new shelving for fishing supplies. I think the whole store is going to be redone.

9. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Hey Brian - wasn't that your nickname in high school?:smile2:

10. IL_CATFISH

IL_CATFISH New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Ass Lure, LOL!

sounds like a colone for gay guys! :eek:oooh:

11. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    I love the smell of "Ass Lure" in the morning! :smile2::smile2:

You all are too much.

12. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    It worked on me, Big Boy! :eek:oooh::crazy:

13. BIGCAT GarryEads

BIGCAT GarryEads Head Cheese of the USCA!

State:
    Francisco Ind
    Arron, Brian pm me and wanted me to ask you, if you bought any Doughballs?I think he was scared to ask you. HE HE. Have you caught any fish lately ??
    P.S I caught 35 at Rend last week on secret "7" :eek:oooh:
    BIGCAT GarryEads

14. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Big Cat:

I've got some good homemade carp doughballs that I will sell you at the right price:wink: No, haven't had a chance to go fishing in over a month. Things should slow down in a couple weeks. Should be able to catch some whites at Carlyle here soon. Wonder if they'll hit 'ass lures'? :smile2:

15. BIGCAT GarryEads

BIGCAT GarryEads Head Cheese of the USCA!

State:
    Francisco Ind
    Arron, if you are going to Carlyle some time, give me a shout and see if we can get together and do some fishing. P.S We can have Brian come along and BAIT our hooks. Since HE can't catch anything HE HE.:smile2::smile2:

BIGCAT GarryEads

16. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I

Brian "My Little Baitcatcher" Hupp is like my American Express card. I never leave home without him! :wink::smile2:

17. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Dangit Garry... You didn't call me back the last time. So I am going to take a stick and whip you like we did ole Roy the Anchor at Rend Gathering.

18. switchback

switchback New Member

State:
    Illinois
    The two walmarts closest to me are getting rid of there fishing sections completely. which are fairfield and flora illinois. I got a heck of a deal on an abu bcx baitcaster and glad i got it when i did cause unless you want just a plain rod or them cheapie rods and reels that would last me less than one good season your not gonna find anything. The line reels and basically anyhting worth a crap is gone and has been for at least a month here.

19. Don Wessling

Don Wessling New Member

State:
    IL.
    The Super Walmart in Mt Vernon is in the middle of a major remodel, and the sporting goods section is moved way back in the corner with about half the selection they had before. I'm going to complain to the manager, if they get enough complaints, they may bring some of the stuff back.