Glass in sinkers

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by massa_jorge, Jul 1, 2007.

1. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i was reading a certain catfish magazine, and it had a section of an article that was talking about this guy putting bits of green glass in his sinkers. he believed the light reflected by the glass would attract flatties.
    has anyone on here tried this???

2. Ol Whiskers

Ol Whiskers New Member

State:
    Fairfield Township, Ohio
    Don't see how you could pour a lead sinker with green glass bits, 'cause the glass would float in the molten lead. Even if you could, glass in the bore of slipsinker would be fairly life-limiting for most fishing line except piano wire. Maybe he was gluing the glass on the outside with epoxy? Sounds like a lot of work for the muddy waters I get to fish.

3. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    I read the same article, and the glass was in the mold when poured...He was using no-rolls....I guess the pin kept the glass out of the hole and the glass floated to the top as you said....The glass was used as an "added" attraction if I remember correctly....Dwight

4. mospurs

mospurs New Member

State:
    missouri
    That was Denny Halgren a guide on the Rock River in Illinois i believe.It may have credence, shiny plated hooks will pickup a few bonus barehook fish on setlines.

5. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    well i guess if youre having to look fer something other than your bait to attract fish your not in the right spot or something.

6. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I dont know about yall but I dont want them biting the sinker.LOL