Glad To See A Garden Section

Discussion in 'Garden Tips And Talk' started by glenmorebuckman, May 2, 2006.

1. glenmorebuckman

glenmorebuckman New Member

State:
    Caneyville, Ken
    When I'm not fishing I'm usually working in my garden and am glad to see a gardening section on BOC! I just planted mine Saturday. Planted 7 rows of corn , 2 rows of green beans, 1 row of okra, 1 row of cucumbers, 1 row of squash, 40 tomato plants,30 cabbage plants,18 bell pepper plants 5 hills of pumpkins and about 60 hills of watermelons. I still have to plant 5 hills of giant watermelons. Grew a 93 pounder last year.

2. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    :big_smile: YEA THERES NOTHING LIKE FRESH VEGGIES OUT OF YOUR OWN GARDEN.ONE QUESTION WITH A GARDEN THAT BIG WHEN DO YOU FIND THE TIME TO FISH? ALSO THAT WAS ONE HECK OF A BIG WATERMELLON.SOUNDS LIKE YOUR GOING TO HAVE ENOUGH TOMATOES FOR EVERYONE ON THE BOC.GOOD LUCK ON THE GARDEN.

3. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    90 pound melon would have drove all of us crazy back when we were kids, try'n to figure out how to swipe it, wasn't a watermelon patch in the country safe way back when, watermelons, camp'n on the creeks, swim'n and fish'n all night; sure was a great way to spend the summer back then. Come to think about it, still not a bad way to spend a summer night.

4. glenmorebuckman

glenmorebuckman New Member

State:
    Caneyville, Ken
    It does take up alot of my time keeping it hoe'd and tilled, but it's worth it in the end! We eat what we can and what we can't we can ! I've got some seed out of a 211 pound watermelon I'm growing this year, so I hope to have a much larger one this year. The wife plans on selling some of the vegetables at a local farmers market this year so maybe it'll give her something to do while I fish!!

5. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I am harvesting my lettuce tonight. I have peppers and tomatoes and some of each are blooming. Mmm nothing tastier than fresh veggies. Goes on the grill with my fish for one heck of a good meal. Good fishing and growing to all of you.