Giving up

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by bluesbrother, Aug 20, 2006.

1. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    puttin up the rod and reels till later . no good today to hot.any body catching any thing. bit is to slow here. goint to wait till it cools off/

2. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Robert,

Hang in there buddy, before you know it the weather will turn.

3. JamisonM

JamisonM New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    It was a bit slow today as well. Had to go to a family get together today and since they lived on and had a dock going into peters creek I tried my luck while I was there. Within probably 30 minutes I had two nice sized eaters, but after those 30 minutes that was it. I got small bites, but decided to call it off for now too thanks for the weather. Another day maybe.

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Brother I have been out a ton this year and caught 3 fish now. I know at least 30 times I've been out fishing. It will get better, just hang in there.

5. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    i havent been out much b/c my dad is sick and whatnot but when ive been out the fishing had been decent not catching anything big but still catching. and everday that i plan on going out something happens lol but thats alright. itll get better for the both of us brother! good luck!

6. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    I know I'm looking forward to some cooler weather. It just ain't fun to me when it is this hot.

st

7. Cutshad

Cutshad New Member

State:
    Newalla, Oklahoma (Shawnee)
    It will get better...Go at night..

8. TNBigCat

TNBigCat New Member

State:
    TN
    It seems as if we're all fishing the same hole. I know all the fish are having a party down there and they are all snacking on our bait, drinking a cold one and laughing at us. Hang in there buddy, our turn will come.

9. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    Hang in there man, I've been doin good in the mornins, fishin on the Red.

10. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    It's been way too hot lately. I think I may have to go out around midnight and fish until sunrise because it warms up fast around here.

11. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    yea i am waiting for a good rain to get the rivers up and rolling before i go out again.

12. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I agree it's too hot I'm waiting until it cools off,then maybe I can catch somethin,I been skunked the whole daggum season.Hopefully fall I will see a difference!pk powell:big_smile:

13. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    i go out every other day or night aint been skunked but once all year but i am vlparrish's brother lol try fishin at night or during the rain when its cooler

14. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    ive been havin awsome luck over this weekend, yesterday i caught about 7 or 8 nice channels then this mornin i caught one blue that was 6 pounds. good ole chicken guts..

15. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    thanks yall. yea it will get better. guess this is the hottest part of summer.we like went about 5 by 830 it s gets really muggy. welll thanks and good luck yall.

16. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Don't fish during the heat of mid day.

We caught 21 channels yesterday before 11:00am, and we caught another 14 from 7:30pm-1:00am last night.

The fish are there and they are feeding more than ever in the heat due their higher metabolism.

17. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    That's right, I have been doing great for Blue Cats this summer using slip bobbers, no monsters in the boat yet, but a ton of 5-8lbers and some around 15-20lb. I'm catching all of them at Night, or early morning, with slip bobbers.

18. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hang in there, fall is coming..And if I could get Tea away from that freaking spillway he might catch something!:big_smile:

19. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    it is HOT outside!!! if i were you i'd hit them cats at night, its not too hot and they like to come into the shallows

20. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    yeah if your bank fishing it is for sure to hot. but if you got a boat you'll catch them. if you don't i bet there is some one on here that would be graciuos enough to take you nout on theres. ant that right guys