Giving up catfishing!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by splitshot, May 15, 2007.

1. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    My son dropped by the house this evening to ask me if i wanted to go fishing Wend. night. He had called this morning to ask his mother if i had caught anything mon. night, she told him i hadn't and that i was getting frustrated cause i had not caught any channel cat yet this spring. So when he came to the house and asked i told him no i was giving up on the cats and was gunna start bass fishing.:wink: I wished you could have seen his face. He is 34 yrs old and i thought he was gunna cry:lol: I haven't seen him so nervous since his wife told him she was pregnant--the poor boy was absolutely speechless. I led him on for a few more minutes and then told him i was kidding, the brat actually hit his ole man---can ya believe it?:big_smile: So guess ill go chase Mr. Whiskers with my son tomorrow!!

2. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    Good for you at least now he know the "ole man" is still smart enough to get his goat!:big_smile:

3. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma
    Good story.

Hope you guys catch a bunch.

Ken

4. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Good luck Steve, maybe the kid will break the tempory dry spell. Now you run the risk of him takin the braggin rights though....
    :smile2:

5. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Good one, I hope tomorrow brings some nice size cats your way.

6. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Sounds like your getting desperate to me old son. Your not kidding the Netman, no way. You are thinking about quiting and were just trying the story out on your son. I have seen this type of thing before. First you tell the tail to see what kind of reaction you will get then refine it and tweak it till it sounds good to your brothers. lol It wont work buddy, that first channel of the year will have you back stepping in no time. Even if it is just a squealer! lmao:tounge_out: :big_smile: :lol: :lol:

7. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Ya had me going there for a minute. I sat here trying to think why someone would quit catfishing, and then it dawned on me; They wouldn't unless they died....and then they wouldn't tell anyone about it!

8. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    good job steve good to see you get one over on the youngun :lol:

9. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    I thought this was going to be another one of those sad posts. Glad to see you could still yank his chain!

Best of luck fishing this year!

10. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I would of probbly felt the same way.. Catfishing is a way of life... without it i couldnt survive

11. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Man thats almost as bad as some of the pranks I used to do growing up.

12. sscreekchub91

sscreekchub91 New Member

State:
    indiana
    that sounds like a preety good prank

13. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    LOL... Steve, now that was mean... but I'm surprised he didn't try to take your temperature and see if you were sick or sumpin! :lol: Sure hope you and your son are out there catchin cats and enjoying a beautiful day!

14. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    :eek:oooh: :eek:oooh: Wow Steve! You scared me, I can imagine how your son felt!:eek:oooh: :eek:oooh:

15. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    That was good. You got to keep Your Son on his toes. Hope You have some good fishing . :big_smile:

16. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    You scared me Steve! You wouldn't let me quit so I couldn't let you quit either. Persistance pays off!!! I'm proof! I hadn't had any luck at all this year till about a week ago and now i've been tearin them up. They may be small but i'm catching the heck out of them! :big_smile: :lol:

17. Night Owl

Night Owl New Member

State:
    Montana, (Billings)
    Wow, had me goin as well. On the Flip side though, If I Were gonna give up the cat hunt my Wife would be delighted. She barely sees me as it is cuz she works days and i work nights. Then any spare time i have is with the kids or fishing or both. Good Luck And Dont Let the Cats Get the Best of You, Just Outsmart them. The Way I See it, Catfish And Cats share alot of the same characteristics, Finicky and Stubborn :tounge_out: Geoff "Night Owl" Cloutier

18. ravenloft420

ravenloft420 New Member

State:
    mo
    hahaha hey man that was great you actually had ME rollin my eyes when I read the title of the thread hahaha.

19. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    Good story Steve. Gotta keep them kids guessing from time to time.

20. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Hey Steve if I'm fishing for bass its only for bait, you know the saying.

If it has scales its bait