Giving our children swine flu vaccine????

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by justcallme12, Oct 27, 2009.

1. justcallme12

justcallme12 New Member

State:
    MS
    Ok ya'll I am in a dliemma. The schools are offering to give children the H1N1 vaccine at school. (south mississippi) I live in North Mississippi and have not heard of this here yet but I am sure if it is already been stated then it is not far from us. With all the hooflaa being said about this vaccine I am perflexed. One thing is for certain... If I get my child a shot of any kind I plan on being there! And by chance a child has a severe reaction to the shot, are the school equipped to handle this? Well not in my opinion! I do see a need for a vaccine for this dreaded virus. However, I also see a need for more testing!! I believe it has only been approved for use to try to control the widespread panic. It is scarey enough for the short term side effects that they do know of. I also believe that a few months is not long enough to tell me what long term effects this can cause for our children! I have read that certain chemicals in this vaccine are linked to some pretty bad stuff..MS, lupus, auto immune diseases, nuero problems just to name a few. One thing I do know. My God is a powerful God! If it is your time to go home, then with or without this shot, God has that in his hands. So I am curious as to your thoughts on this vaccine being given to our kids at school or anywhere else for that matter.

2. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Your probably better off to get the shot than to not have it. Those that have the adverse reactions are small compared with the number of kids that have already died from getting the swine flu.

3. CBurns87

CBurns87 New Member

State:
    Topeka Kansas
    I know they are offering it here in Kansas. I wont give my kids the shot. Everyone that i have known that has received it, (my husband included) has gotten sick from it where they can pretty much not get out of bed. Some of my husbands friends who received it also got ill. (they were mandatory for the fact they were leaving on a deployment) It has not been tested enough for me to feel safe giving it to my kids, let alone myself. And kids a side affect can be autism, yah no thank you. Ill pass until everything has been tested and even then i dought ill give it to them. But again this is strictly my opinion. Hope it helps!

4. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I'm not giving to my kids either....I don't trust it at all. I would also warn your children to not let them do it without permission.

5. festus

festus New Member

It's not a good idea to give kids this flu shot. I'm 56 years old, have never had a flu shot, and have only had the flu once in my life, 1998. It took about 4-5 days to get back to work, but about 2-3 weeks to recover completely. Since then I've only had a common cold twice. I know two people not very far away who have had bad reactions to flu shots. Both caught the Guillan-Barre Syndrome. One is a schoolteacher who has been on disability ever since. The other one is very much younger, he was on steroids for a couple of years, is some better, but hasn't recovered completely.....I try to stay away from doctors all I can.

6. CBurns87

CBurns87 New Member

State:
    Topeka Kansas
    Same here..everytime i get the flu shot i get sick, and the same things goes for my daughter. I dont see the point in putting the live virus in your system to try to prevent you from getting it when in the long run its going to just give you the flu anyway;

7. justcallme12

justcallme12 New Member

State:
    MS
    And another thing... How long have you heard that MERCURY was bad for you ... Mercury would kill you .. mercury this and that ????? HELLO ppl.... Mercury is in this stuff! Now i used to break open thermostates as a child and play with this mercury myself... Then i was not aware of the toxidity. Well that might be why now i am 34 years old(started at 27) and have a dibilitateing pain syndrome. Then again it might be the experimental drugs i was given at 3 months of age for meningitis. Isnt this h1n1 still in the experimental stage???? Just a thought!!!!

8. justcallme12

justcallme12 New Member

State:
    MS
    And i hope noone takes offence to what i say . I am not directing any comment toward any one person. Just kinda thinking out loud or typing out loud.

9. JoeDaCatKing

JoeDaCatKing New Member

State:
    PA
    I try to avoid flu shots because next year you need a new one because the virus adapts to it and changes. The widespread paranoia is feeding this flu. Every year the elderly and some kids die from it but they are usually sickly to begin with. This flu is only slightly different from the common flu which also changes year to year.

10. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i am agaisnt the school giving my kids shots..the way they have handled previous situations regarding my children, and others, health, is proof enough to me that they could not manage a gerbil farm..AND I LIKE THIS SCHOOL:eek:oooh:

11. catter62

catter62 New Member

State:
    texas
    That's exactly right. Aside from the possible disastrous consequences from the unknown negative side effects, there is a catch 22 because those who you would think need the vaccine the most, assuming it worked properly, are the ones with weak immune systems and they would be unable to produce as strong antibodies as a healthy person, possibly magnifying the side effects. And a healthy person with a strong immune system probably doesn't need the vaccine to begin with. Just my opinion and I'm not telling anyone what to do, but I keep my family away from flu shots.

12. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    there are no long term studies on the new shot or nasal injection.....that alone should be enuff....

stay clear if your child is healthy you have nothing to worry about...

13. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    There were no long term studies on the polio vaccine, the small pox vaccine, or any other vaccines that most Americans my age HAD to get in order to attend any school. Last month alone, more kids died in this country from H1N1 then normally die in the entire 6 month flu season. When you consider the flu epidemic of 1918, when almost 100,000,000 people died, it is well worth the risk. So far NOBODY, not even one person, has died from the vaccine, but hundreds have died from the flu already, and it is just getting started. I will be one of the first in line to get my shot.

14. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Kentucky
    to each his own on this subject! but this is my luck , so i say no to the flu shots!

[youtubevid]k3xgV11ZSAg[/youtubevid]

15. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    is that for real???? not to sound like a jerk but im skeptical////

16. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    i am against this shot myself. my daughters mom came over today to get my permission for her to get the nasal spray at school. i denied. if i find out later that she got it anyways, it will really make me mad. im not sure what i will/can do about it, but i will find out. :confused2:

17. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    not doin the flu shot myself and still undecided on whether to let the kids get one or not. still weighing the pros and cons on it.

18. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I've taken the regular flu shot every year for as long as I remember. Probably for 40 years or as long as it's been around. Never a problem or the flu!

Recently there was a local 6 year die from the swine flu. It's really hitting the kids.

It's a tough call but I think if I had a child I want them to have the H1N1 shot.
    ---------------------------------

Since the video below has been posted again. I will again post some facts on that subject.

What causes GBS?

It is thought that GBS may be triggered by an infection. The infection that most commonly precedes GBS is caused by a bacterium called Campylobacter jejuni. Other respiratory or intestinal illnesses and other triggers may also precede an episode of GBS.
    In 1976, vaccination with the swine flu vaccine was associated with getting GBS. Several studies have been done to evaluate if other flu vaccines since 1976 were associated with GBS.
    Only one of the studies showed an association. That study suggested that one person out of 1 million vaccinated persons may be at risk of GBS associated with the vaccine.

The above was copied from this Government CDC site.

19. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    "I've taken the regular flu shot every year for as long as I remember. Probably for 40 years or as long as it's been around. Never a problem or the flu!

Recently there was a local 6 year die from the swine flu. It's really hitting the kids."

I've had the flu shot every year for the last 12 years with no problems. I'm no doctor, but it seems to me that even if you do get sick, it beats the heck out of dying!

20. justcallme12

justcallme12 New Member

State:
    MS
    Thanks everyone for giveing me your opinions.