Give up? or not?

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by pikerhoss, Oct 8, 2007.

1. pikerhoss

pikerhoss New Member

State:
    indiana
    I haven't logged in for awhile, just felt like giving up. ever since August I can't launch my boat at the Petersburg ramp. should I give up and just go hunting or is there any way or another place to launch my boat? Do the cats bite until cold weather? thanks to anyone who can help me out....if possible!

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Winston Churchhill once gave a speech and said only this."Never, Never, Never Never, Never Never Never give up" He recieved a standing ovation. Your answer is don't give up on anything. Try and Try Again.

3. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Never give up but theres nothing wrong with taking a break for awhile. Hunting sounds great to me but too dang hot right now for me.

4. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Dont give up...Dont be a stranger...you might have a lot to offer here on the B.O.C. while you're taking a break. Blues and channels will hit bait throughout the winter. Flatheads usually go dormant after water temps dip below 50 degrees. Sorry I cant help any with the boat launching areas.

5. chris_ce

chris_ce New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Boy I know how you feel. Me and the wife are sell the truck and she won't let me drive it again now that she has finally got it clean.

I have made it to a pay lake once since then and had a good time.

by the way I have heard that cats will start bitting real good in the fall to fatten up before winter.

6. impak209

impak209 New Member

State:
    Toledo, Ohio, U
    Whats the reason you can't launch your boat? Maybe a new area where you have access may be the idea,. I have a boat but scince I started river fishing more regularly I find I have less interest in my boat and more in wading.
    Maybe its your approach or the body of water that you should change, just a thought.

7. pikerhoss

pikerhoss New Member

State:
    indiana
    thanks for the replies. Impak, the White river in my area is at 1' at the gauge! My local boat ramp is completely silted in at that stage. Ironcially, if I was farther north I could possibly launch it. If I had 'bout 2 more feet....
    I got bummed out this year when I fished nearly every day for a long stretch and the only large thing I got was a sturgeon. (oh, and I had two jumping carp land in my boat!) I really would like to try it again...

8. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Never give up!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

9. plukr54

plukr54 New Member

State:
    indiana
    Never give up! Cats will be turnin` on now that the weather is tryin` to look like fall. I`m excited about it! Wish I was down in your area. I`m kinda limited to my fishin` holes `round here, but I still go! Keep your chin up and your bait fresh!

10. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    jeramy im with randy, i would strap on the waders. search out those little holes that are hard to get to and you WILL be rewarded. you have plentyy of time to catch trophy cats befor it gets too cold.

good luck bro.!: tim

11. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Welcome to the BOC Jeremy. I don't know anything about your area but it must be tough to have a boat and not be able to launch it do to low water levels. You might have to check into finding another ramp or traveling to a different body of water if thats an option. I don't know if you have blues in your area but they will bite year round. Winter time is the best time to catch blues IMHO.

12. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Dont ever give up.. with the heat we was having it really slowed down the fishing... But not that we have this burst of cold weather the cats should be frantic and ready to eat.. Huntings good too.. But my favorite time of the year to catch monster cats in my area is in the fall. so dont give up the best is yet to come

13. HoosierPoleCat

HoosierPoleCat New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Jeremy you can tell when it's time to give up,when the boat launch has too much ice on it to get the boat in. RiverScum & I fish into late november here. We have got some nice ones late in the year. They do slow down abit. We try to get video of nice flatties on Halloween. Hope too have another this year. You can check last years out on You Tube. (search HoosierPoleCat) :wink:

14. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Piker,
    If your boat is big river worthy get your butt down to the Ohio, the fish are biting. In fact, get down there anyway, there are some fish to be had from shore spots...W

15. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    where are these shore spots ..im in evansville indiana

16. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Dave,
    Anywhere you can get to cast a line. A guy fishing at the ramp I launched at this w/e had some nice blues on a stringer...W

17. enfausen

enfausen New Member

State:
    Indiana (Rising Sun)
    Don't give up! I was on the river a few days ago and it is starting to pick up nicely.

18. RIVER3782

RIVER3782 New Member

State:
    Terre Haute Indana
    I fish all thour the winter some days good some not but im out there:0a18:

19. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    i might be giving it a try very soon sometime

20. pikerhoss

pikerhoss New Member

State:
    indiana
    thanks for all the encouragment guys! Come this time of year I'm almost totally engrossed in the duck hunting. I have always wanted to go out duckin' and catin' at the same time....I think I'll work up to it soon!!