Give Blood

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by badkarma, Nov 16, 2006.

1. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    OK guys it's time to talk about doing a good thing that will help my wife and may help you or a member of your family.Any one who can needs to GIVE BLOOD!!!!!! Starting in June the doctors have given my wife Margie 12 pints of whole blood and 5 pints of platelets.This realy started in the spring of 04 but she was stable for 2 years and we thought she was ok till she got sick the last part of June of this year and the doctor had to give her blood.She has to have this blood to stay alive but I know she's not the only who needs blood and who knows it could be a member of your own family so if you can GIVE BLOOD!!! THANKS!!!!!

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Jim I give blood 6 times a year. Not only is it a good thing to do it is also a free blood test. Hope the wife get's to doing better.

3. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Ok Jim, soon as the freezer's full of venison, I'm on my way. Ole man can't be any weaker or I won't make it..LOL Thanks for the reminder. I ain't been doing right. Hope things get better for y'all.

4. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    I also give blood it is the right thing to do who knows it may help. BUt i wll pray for your wife brother

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I donated blood last week for my Grandmother. They charger her $300 a pint and she has a leaky valve.

I also reccomend for everyone to donate. It costs you nothing and helps save lives.

6. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    I gave yesterday-took about 6 minutes..........and about 1 hour of waiting:sad2:

7. IrishO'Brady

IrishO'Brady New Member

State:
    Ga
    we just did a blood drive here. I always go. I've needed it before on several occasions, so I know how important it is. I hope your wife gets better soon, gl brother.

8. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I used to give blood on a regular basis... now days my corpsuckles are doing good to keep me going so it is no longer in demand... except by me...:lol:
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    In the pasture of life, don't be a cow pie.

9. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Very good suggestion Jim!

I use to donate regular but in 92 they found mine was contaminated after I give 4 pints for myself before surgery. I wound up needing 21 pints after surgery so the 4 pints didn't help too much. They told me to never donate blood.

FDA needs to get the artificial blood approved ASAP. It will be a big help for many people.

Wish the best for your wife.

10. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    I have some good news!!!Last week they gave my wife 2 pints of blood and 2 pints of platelets and on Mon.her blood count was 25 and platelet count was 89,today the platelet count was up to 96.That is the only gain she has made all summer.

11. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    I have some good news to report about my wife,her blood count is 33.8 and the platelet count is 268,that's higher than it's been sence last year some time and the doctor said it may last 6 months or more.On top of that good news one of the doctors who we owed $1700.00 to called today and said he was gona write the bill off + we got a letter today from the hospital in which they said they were gona write off their bill in the amount of $78,800.33. Now I don't know about you but I never got a Christmas present worth $80,500.33 before.My wife doing a lot better and that big a debt forgiven is proof that the Good Lord takes care of his own.

:haha: :haha: :haha:

12. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    That is wonderful news! God's blessings are many....some we never notice, but ones like these are awesome!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your wife.
    Cheryl

13. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    BK,
    OUR GOD is an AWESOME GOD!!
    His many blessings that He bestows on us are so great!! I'm thankful that all is going well in the Faulkner house.
    Still will continue praying for you though, brother.

14. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thanks for sharing this wonderful news, Jim :smile2:
    What a wonderful Christmas blessing-package for you both! Wishing you much more happiness in 2007.

15. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I give blood 5 to 6 times a year. Have my 2 Gallon Pin (altho there was a lot of times when Active duty I gave and I dont have the cards anymore). I would say Im up to about 4 or 5 Gallons.

Edited to say Jim thats great news

16. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Jim, thanks for the wonderful news. That is the best Christmas present I've heard of. God Bless you both.

17. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    That is what America is about.

Good lord does take care of things.

Merry Christmas.
    ------------------------------------------

I gave blood many times. no one taught me to do the right thing. I just did it. Common sense.
    Due to health reasons I can no longer give.
    All who can should.

My wife and kids give blood.

18. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I posted twice. Dont know how to delete post so I did this

19. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Glory to God. Brother that is wonderful news. Thanks for sharing it with us.

st

20. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I've gave twice but I plan on doing it again real soon!!! I wasn't aware how many people I can help.Actually,I have to go next week for some blood tests.I'll find out then where I can go and I'll start doing it whenever I can.Thanks for the post!!!