Girly girl Princesses CAN go CAMPING!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by TDawgNOk, Mar 27, 2006.

1. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Many members have wives who are "girly girls". They like the indoors and their "creature comforts" especially in the summer when it gets hot. This is a problem that my brother-in-law faced. To get his wife to go camping, he came up with a great idea.

1st, camp with water and electric hookup.
    2nd, take a gas grill with a side burner for a pot.
    3rd, put air mattresses in the tent for the Princess to sleep on.
    4th, take time out of fishing to do stuff with the Princess and the kids, such as, play cards, take them out on the boat tubing/skiing, go swimming with them
    5th, Help with the cooking and the dishes
    6th, Now fellas this is an important one, get a window air conditioner, hook it up so that the front of it is in the side door of the tent, and the back of it is outside of the tent. Prop the front of it up on a brick so any condensation drains out the back and out of the tent. Seal up the tent around the A/C as best you can.
    7th, pick weekends where there is little to no chance of rain.

She will then be more willing to camp, not always, but at least some times.

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    LOL! I thought you were talking about DH when I first saw this thread! LOL!

3. foreverflathead

foreverflathead New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    It sounded like you was talking about my sister. She even had a big fancy camper but still had to be a place that had electrical and water hook ups. Crowded campgrounds, Id rather leave her home.

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I think I'm gonna be sick! LOL!

5. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    Is that what they mean by "whipped"? :D

6. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    Tony...dude...you HAVE got to be kidding me brother! Didn't you forget the TV so she can watch the soaps and Wheel of fortune in her air conditioned tent?? Don't forget the sink and vanity so she can put on her makeup! LMAO

Roughing it is the theme here buddy!! I'd have to say mine WOULD stay at home while the kids and me went tent camping if she were such a priss that she didn't WANT to get away from the creature comforts of home.

A radio with an alarm clock is all that's allowed in our tent when we rough it....and it may need batteries because there very well may be NO electricity available! (And that's just so we will make sure and wake up to run the limb lines every 3 hours in the middle of the night...and YES my wife helps me do that...as well as catch the bait!)

Sounds to me like someone needs a RV!!!

7. solomon

solomon New Member

State:
    MS
    Apparently Tony is not one of the one's that explain delicately to his significant other how hot, sticky, nasty, mosquito infested, stinky, muddy, and generally uncomfortable summer camping trips are. :rolleyes: My wife still hasn't figured out why we like to go (or more likely she completely understands and just don't say nuthin!) She's a good wife. :)

8. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    ya know, I agree, I'd rather camp without it, HOWEVER, if you are wanting your wife to be involved, instead of leaving her at home, ya compromise occasionally.

9. Cyclops01

Cyclops01 New Member

State:
    Eden, NC.
    I don't know... considering the price of a RV, I'd say divorce the pain in the butt. Air condition the tent... and some body married that bimbo!!!

10. solomon

solomon New Member

State:
    MS
    I know I know. I don't always like to leave mine at home, but we go shopping, or driving, or to a movie or to ride the horses or the donkey or four wheeler ridin or to eat or on occasion, bream fishing. All that stuff she likes. She's a little to purdy for a camping trip. Heck, she thinks outside's got a funny smell. Wonder when she's gonna realize we're on a cattle farm?:p

11. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    It would be easier to get a new wife. :p

12. cat daddy 791

cat daddy 791 New Member

State:
    Kansas- Wichita
    Sounds Like Someone Would Need A U - Haul To Take A Girly Girl Camping. By The Time You Get Her Set Up, The Weekend Would Be Almost Over. How Would That Be Considered Fun? Camping Wasn't Meant To Be Luxurious. Talk About Mr. Moms These Days. Too Much Work For This Redneck!

13. Crispy Critter

Crispy Critter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Dang.. I hate to admit it but I take my motorhome camping so I can have all the above plus when it rains I can sit inside and watch Bonanza on the Color TV/DVD. LOL!
    I've done my share of sleeping in tents and still can if I have to for the weekend fishing trip but I've gotten used to roughing it in the RV nowdays. :eek:

14. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    what?? thats not camping. why not just sleep in the living room for a couple nights turn on some nature shows on tv.

15. Crispy Critter

Crispy Critter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have one of those nature sounds alarm clocks in the RV so I can lay in front of the A/C and listen to the crickets and frogs. :D

16. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    Sounds like my sister-in-law.She says she'll go camping when they build a Marriott in the middle of the woods.

17. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Just thought there might be some others out there with wives like mine or my sister-in-law. My wife can do without most creature comforts, but, since she is a "fluffy" woman, she gets hot extremely easily (added isulation) and likes the air conditioner. And yes, once we are financially able, we will be getting a RV or travel trailer.

18. catcam

catcam New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Okay, I understand the air mattress, don't get me wrong but an AIR CONDITIONER?? I'd say "honey, here's a water bottle to mist yourself if you get overheated" Tony, have you truly done this? Some girls just are not meant for the GREAT outdoors!

19. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    FatKat I am 100% behind you brother, I think that wife would be gone to Girly land where she can camp out in the mall and fish for her clothes, I would be looking for a new wife thats for sure.

Of course mine does go with us once in a while but she has things she likes to do too with the girls and Ryan and I go do the camping and fishing stuff. If you ever see me with a air condition on so my wife can go just shoot me please..
    :p :) :p

20. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    I guess I am lucky my wife loves to camp fish be it rain or shine. ac heh when we are in the truck coming home from the lake and its 100 out and I have it running she is always turning it down lol.