Girlfriend..... still hates catfishing.

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by SangamonCatKiller, Jan 16, 2006.

1. SangamonCatKiller

SangamonCatKiller New Member

State:
    central illinois
    I know a lot of you may have heard the sad, sad story of the lonely fisherman last year but, this year may be worse.. I was often scorned for wanting to partake in the simple pleasures of fishing by my girlfriend last year, and she used to cause many an argument. I though I had made an "agreement" with her over the past winter that would suite us both. She could stop working and be the house wife type person she wants to be and I would be allowed to fish, without and type of static from said girlfriend. Well what do you know, today I am printing out some maps for new fishing area and she tells me to please not get obsessed with fishing this year! Are you kidding me, what am I gonna do? I haven't even thought about putting a line in the water yet and I am already catching grief! I am worried guys,... very worried.I know some of you must have gone through this, so I need some advice, PLEASE !!!!!!!!

2. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

First of all, you need to go to an Illinois Brother's BOC support Group Meeting, usually held sometime in March at your local power plant lake. Second, said girlfriend needs to attend a Gathering like Catstock, or Midwest Mighty Muddy so that she can meet other wives/girlfriends who share the same problem and realize that she is not alone.

If that doesn't work, you need to start her off with something that will keep her intrest, like you would a kid. Say Bluegill or Crappie fishing, and then work your way up to Catfishing. Let her know that when the two of you are together by the lake, this is quality time together where the two of you can get to know each other better, and become in touch with each others feelings.

If that don't work, take her shopping.

Ray

3. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    If she doesn't hold her end of a deal. Just go anyway and buy a good set of ear plugs....lol Tell her to go back to work and work a different shift than her and go fishing while she works.....If not.... replacement of girlfriend....lol

4. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Nick, life is to short to live it unhappy.

5. SangamonCatKiller

State:
    central illinois
    I agree with all of the above but, kids are invoved

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Sounds to me like a bunch of petty bulls#@t! If ya wanna go fishin go fishin. Even though there needs to be some common ground in a relationship it sounds to me like she wants everything her way. JMHO! With kids bein involved why not involve them in your fishin? how often do ya go? maybe that needs to be looked at also. Take care of the back yard if ya know what I'm sayin.

7. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    what Part of catfishing does she hate? You being gone all night? You might want to ask yourself, would I be able to quit catfishing for this girl if she asks me to? If she doesn't want you to fish and your not willing to stop then your relationship prolly won't work out. I imagine there are a few other things that she doesn't like but you do. Sounds to me like she want's control of you. I myself would not have this.

8. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Nick, I feel for you buddy. My wife has been good about letting me go fishing. She used to get upset when I was hunting and fishing but I gave up the hunting. I now only fish, She told me she could not support two habits.:)

9. SangamonCatKiller

State:
    central illinois
    She doesn't like me being gone so long I would guess. I think I'll try taking the little girl when she is old enough(9mo.s) and maybe that will turn things around ?

10. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    ROTFLMAO! MY MAN! my words exactly! i had a woman once who insisted i get rid of my dog that i'd had before we met.....i got rid of the woman!

11. muskyman

muskyman Active Member

State:
    Loudon TN
    Name:
    David
    Dude, I am sorry to say this but LEAVE HER !!!!!! I am not joking or kidding around. Trust me, been there done that. There are women out there that are ok with your fishing, I have one , I know, she is my soon to be wife. Realize this man, you could be doing worse things besides fishing. You could be an I.V. drug user - that could be your addiction. But it's not. And fishing is a legal addiction at that. And one that you can pass on to your kids. Figure this out right now dude, nip this in the bud. Either she is cool with your fishing or not. It's only gonna get harder and harder as time goes by to leave her. I had my previous ex of 3 years give me the ultimatum of - " fishing or her " - those were her exact words as I walked in the front door after a week of fishing in Canada. I was a father to her son, as his real father was a deadbeat. I tried to stay but if the word fishing ever came up, she cringed. So I left. And I am so glad I did. I am in a real relationship right now. A two way street. Where we have our good times and bad. But I still fish whenever I want. And I spend time with her too. It has to be 50 / 50 to make it work. Don't settle dude. Listen to your intuition too. Take it easy dude.

12. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    There are some things that all women have,and some that all can do,BUT there are very few that can and will catch,clean and cook a catfish,or make good biscuits with gravy.This is a 2 way street.If you or her are unhappy,and won;t change,don;t waste both your lives making each other miserable.Now,if BOTH of you will allways make the other,the most important earthly thing in your life,you will both have a wonderful life.This is my belief.From a old man,good luck to the both of you.peewee-williams

13. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Those are some very wise words you have gotten there. You need to find her a hobby that she enjoys. I make it a point to always tell a girl when the relationship is fresh that i'm not giving up any of my fishing or my hunting for her. I just broke up with my girlfriend on friday. It was a very tough thing to do because she actully liked the outdoors. But there are other fish in the sea. Not one of them is going to stop me from useing my boat. Unless they want to make my boat payments while it sits there rotting.

14. webster_catman

webster_catman New Member

State:
    webster
    i feel ur pain man, last summer all my gf did was complain about how much i went fishing with my friends. but then i told her fishing is part of my life and im not gonna quit it, if she wants she can come with me, if not then deal with it. well to make the long story short she comes with me now and loves it as much as i do

15. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Hows that song go?
    I'm gonna miss her......I've gotta bite.......

16. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    just tell her you going to out grow it and if she says when always answer "I DONT KNOW" AND IF SHE WHATS TO SPEND QUAILTY TIME WITH YOU GET READY TO ARGUE BECAUSE THATS WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO. GOOD LUCK

17. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Don't even give a little if she can't accept you for the way you are (hobbies, interests and stuff) It will never work and both of you will be miserable. Take it from experience, You live like you want to and if she doesn't accept that, then let her go. My wife and I both live a monogamous relationship with each other, kind of like two single people. See, I have my things (fishing, hunting and etc.) and she has her things (shopping and what have you). We always find time to meet in the middle mutually. If I am gone fishing then that's a clue for her to go do her things, if she chooses. Usually she will work it out so that we have plenty of time together. Although I do fish tournaments that are scheduled ahead of time and she has kind of learned the schedule. But, there has been a many a time when time and weather permitted for me to go fishing outside of the norm and she has learned to deal. She needs to accept you for the way you are. Never change unless it is in your favor or you wont be Happy. Vern

18. stickthrower

stickthrower New Member

State:
    Possum Kingdom Lk, TX

Been there, done that, she divorced me & kept my dog, still miss the dog. But I have NEVER MISSED HER GRIPPING!:) If she is this controlling/demanding and your are not even married, just think how it will be further down the road. I'm not telling you what to do, but like was said above: Life is to short to be miserable!

19. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    Dude... no offense but a kid is not a reason to stay in a relationship... If she is always beaching (safer way of saying the alternative) about fishing and you love fishing, then well sorry to say but one's gotta go and fishing will never go. I've had one gf ever that didn't like fishing(she did go once though). Needless to say she isn't my gf anymore. The other ones have either accepted fishing as part of me or liked to fish as well. Trust me dispite the popular myths there are alot of women who do fish. :)

20. dgde4x4man

dgde4x4man New Member

State:
    La Moille, Illinois
    Brother I have been there. All I ever asked was one day to go fishing and I went almost every Saturday all day into Sunday morning. My wife did not like it but never really told me in so many words. Well if you see one of my early posts you know what I went through. I now realize what my priorites are. I will never sacrifice my family and marriage for fishing, they are way too important. I too was obseesed with catfishing and still am. But now I may only go once a month or so. And to tell you the truth I get the best of both worlds. I get to spend more time with my wife and kids and I will enjoy my catfishing even more than ever since I can only go once a month. JMHO