Gillispie lake

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Jnagel, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Jnagel

Jnagel New Member

State:
    Illinois.
    I just had a friend move to gillispie so i have a feeling i'm going to be fishing a lot there this year. We bank fish for cats all summer. Any info on the lakes would be awsome. Thanks yall.

2. mississippi man

mississippi man New Member

State:
    Godfrey, Illino
    I saw a monster flathead in the old lake there a couple of summers ago in the 80 pounder range, but I think it might be rare, although, the old and new lakes are full of bullheads. I have had a lot of people tell me to fish the lilly pads in the old lake. I know in the new lake there is a deep hole near the dam.

3. Jnagel

Jnagel New Member

State:
    Illinois.
    so there are bullheads, flats, and i'm sure channels. I'll remember the dam spot. I'll just have to figure out how to get there, i've been there many times always by boat tho, i've only been down by the old camp ground and boat launch i beleive its on the old lake. thanks for the info.

4. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
  5. Jnagel

Jnagel New Member

State:
    Illinois.
    Thanks randy the info is pretty old but it sould give me an idea of what coves & structure to knock out this summer.

6. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    No problem your quite welcome, that particular one came from the fish IL archives, I have toms of maps saved online over the years, only problem is when I started using FireFox, Like a dummy I didn't name them all very well, :crazy: :smile2: and well I think I re-listed about 75 last night as I was digging around.......LOL. you know, putting them in their own folder with lake name would just be to easy :tounge_out:

7. Jnagel

Jnagel New Member

State:
    Illinois.
    Man i have that problem too:smile2:. But thats the first time i seen the ifhishillinois site i got lost there for a couple of hours tonight looking at lake maps and fishing reports.

8. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Jake, they restocked both lakes last year with channel cats and posted a no trotline rule there.. The trotliners cleaned out all the cats so they are basically starting from scratch again.. Hope this helps.. When they shocked the lakes last spring they couldn't find hardly any cats left.. Thats why the state restocked it..