Gill Nets/ Commercial Fisherman

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by price, Jan 3, 2008.

1. price

price New Member

State:
    North Carolina
  2. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    That is on saltwater.
    In Tn the nets the mesh has to be so big. But I am with you. They do kill lots of blues flatheads and even striper, Bass Smallmouth and Large mouth bass.
    But Its going to be hard to get the law changed. As a few can decide what is best for everyone.
    I do not now like that way of thinking. But its going to take thousands of people showing up at a TWRA meeting and until then, The law will not change. I think next time TWRA is having a meeting. WE need to get a few Thousand to show up.
    Every state needs to flood the meets with people.
    Pete

3. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I don't know where to find out dates but I will show up, and I think if we can get the word out with plenty of time for everyone to fit it in their schedule we could get quite a few of us. There is no reason 500 or 1000 of us couldn't show up easy. I would think this would make a difference.

4. rwilley3

rwilley3 New Member

State:
    Brighton, Tenne
    Cumberlandcat you can keep us here in TN at address below. You can click on legislation and search for catfish and the bills will pop up. I am sure Rep. Borchert and his parners in crime will be bringing it back up in the House and someone will sponsor the same bill in the Senate. Last year you can see they started in early February. http://www.legislature.state.tn.us/

5. petersoutcats

petersoutcats New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I would show up to protest the nets.:angry: