Gibbons Creek Resivoir?

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by texasaggie23, Feb 21, 2008.

1. texasaggie23

texasaggie23 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Anyone have any info on catchin some good yellas in gibbons creek. I've been a couple times and can't seem to get any bites. I've been fishing with perch and i've been told that thats part of my problem. Any info on spots or bait would be greatly appreciated.

2. peej

peej New Member

State:
    cameron,tx
    i fished their in 06..night fishing..but we used earthworms,crawfish and large minnows . caught more yellas on earthworms then anything else.but this was during the summer time.the biggest three was caught of crawfish with their head peeled off ..didn't have anything luck on the minnows:sad2:

3. texasaggie23

texasaggie23 New Member

State:
    Texas
    alright man. thanks for the info. i'll give it a try

4. dirtyyellow

dirtyyellow New Member

State:
    Texas
    u just dont have the whompass ability moccassin... j/k u need to learn the secrets from the colrado kid

5. Jaylake_21

Jaylake_21 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Im new to the area, and recently purchased a 16 foot Alumacraft Flat Bottom Jon Boat. Wheres some good places to fish around here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

6. aggiecat

aggiecat New Member

State:
    texas
    It has been years but we used to walk around the shallow end by the boat ramp, thru the trees and fish in the first cove on the other side. lots of luck when we chummed with soured milo. From a boat just go around the big point to the right of the boatramp. If you will fish that area often and chum every time, you will catch fish. great lake, or it sure was at one time.

7. jedt

jedt New Member

State:
    Cameron,Texas
    I want to go there myself. My kin has been nagging me to go. I might have to give it a try. They tell me it's a good lake.

8. texasaggie23

texasaggie23 New Member

State:
    Texas
    we fished again a few weeks back at the warmwater discharge in the lake. didn't have much luck, but we didn't have the right bait(they tell me shad is the key and i didn't bring my castnet back with me from home so...). we did talk to a fella who caught two 50s and a 70 there within the last year:1 of the 50s in october and the other two on back to back days in february. I've been wantin to go back, but with the Brazos up a little I've been burnin all my spare time there and the fish have definitely beenn bitin'