Giant Mountain Lion Shot In Iowa!!!

Discussion in 'Big Game Hunting' started by spoonfish, Feb 20, 2006.

1. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    You hunters can appreciate this... Keep in mind the guy is 6'5" tall...

This mountain lion was shot north of Villisca, Iowa. Close
    >> to Morton Mills.
    >>
    >> The man pictured was going deer hunting when he heard
    >> his neighbors cows making noise. He discovered this cat
    >> attacking some calves. He shot and reportedly the cat jumped
    >> eight feet into the air, ran about 100 yards and died.

Attached Files:

2. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    Dang that's a big old cat. There's been more and more sightings lately here in the midwest. Reports in Kansas and Oklahoma that I know of for sure.

3. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Can't say Ive ever seen one that big before.
    Gives you something to think about this spring when your sitting in your turkey blind before it gets day lite LOL.
    Judys dad farms up around Richmond and swears he has one running around there. He has seen the tracks and scat left by it and his neighbor and him say they have seen it.

4. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    :0a5: man i havent ever seen one that big

5. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    Just a little imput on the Big Cat Story, the reason I bring it up is that they had a disclaimer in our local paper last Sunday 02/19 (The Sioux City Journal)if you want to look it up on line, about that cat and it seems that the cat was shot in Washington State by an Iowan and it was decided by the hunter and friends to embelish the story and spook some farmers here in Iowa. True or not I don't know, but our local hunting expert (self-proclaimed) disputes the shot in Iowa story and said that he investigated it to a point that he feels it isn't true. We have several cat sightings every year here around the Sioux City, Ia area and they have shot two cats here recently and when they do it makes the news big time. Never heard of this one until it showed up on the internet and then in the paper and news about it being bogus. Matter of fact I saw a picture of that cat and it was said to have been shot in Missouri by a hunter in a tree stand that watched it chase cows around a field and then got close enough he could shoot it. So, who really knows where it was shot for real but it is one big cat.

6. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Thanks for that info Bill.
    I recieved it from a Iowa relative in my e-mail. We hunted around Villisca a lot.I just did a serch on it and it seems the picture is supose be be real but was shot in Washington.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/mountainlion.asp

7. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    We had one sighted near Ewing, Mo. a couple of years ago. Where it came from I don't know!
    That pic was one BIG cat! You're right, it makes you question the wisdom of setting up pre-dawn for hunting! LOL

Eric

8. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Who cares where it was shot! Man I can beleive that thing is real. OMG!!!! :sick-big:

9. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    just keep an old windex bottle full of water with ya, give him a couple squirts, he'll take off:D

10. topjimmy

topjimmy New Member

State:
    AZ
    If that is a real picture, the quality of the digital image is terrible.

11. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That is a huge mountain lion!

12. Drum Andersen

Drum Andersen New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Just thinking about seeing one of those when I'm deer hunting makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck.

13. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    man thats ONE BIG CAT

14. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    yeah i heard the call they used went something like....here kitty,kitty,i got some salmon flavor cat food for ya:)

that is a big cat i would hate to have him after me.

15. buzzgator

buzzgator New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I am a long time member of the BOC I come over here and I gotta have 10 posts to look at the cat Dang!!!

16. buzzgator

buzzgator New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I have seen 1 in my lifetime that was in SC. Up here in Wi they say we have a few but never been lucky enough to see one.

17. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    That's the biggest one I have ever seen. Now why do we go heeled when we are fishing at night on the bank. I've seen one about forty miles from here where my bud camps on the Mackinaw river.

18. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    thats huge! i cant even imagine that thing running around.

19. bro_catfish

bro_catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio ,Coshocton County
    Thanks to Louis Lamore who I belive is the greatest author , has scared me to death with Montain lions(catamounts) said to jump from above and dismount a horseman, kill the horse then come back fer ya !
    I spend a fair amount of time in the woods and on some out of the way fishing hole that I will let myself be scared to death if I think about it to much ...thats a big cat !