Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
8,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just watched Larry Dahlberg on one of his fishing adventures in South America targeting Lau Lau.
He caught a monster. They couldnt attempt to weigh a catfish that big as he had to be 8 feet long. Huge catfish.
I've never heard of them before.

He also caught some nice red tail catfish that would be an American sized trophy.

·
Banned
10,335 Posts
Hunt For Big Fish hosted by Larry Dahlberg is the best fishing show on TV period!

He goes to crazy places all over the world and catches, weird yet big fish.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Just watched Larry Dahlberg on one of his fishing adventures in South America targeting Lau Lau.
He caught a monster. They couldnt attempt to weigh a catfish that big as he had to be 8 feet long. Huge catfish.
I've never heard of them before.

He also caught some nice red tail catfish that would be an American sized trophy.
I was lucky enough to catch that episode...that Lau Lau was a freakin' monster. I also think that the show is one of the best ones on TV. They do not do much advertising (except for the obligatory shot of him eating and sharing beef jerky, lol) and they have a lot of shots of him fishing. Did you guys catch the episode where he was in his workshop? He was making all kinds of crazy lures out of just about anything imaginable. It was pretty cool.:cool2:

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I agree that it's the most fun fishing show on - I get SO tired of watching the same guys catch the same 2 poiund largemouths over and over and over...

That show with the giant Lau lau - I was just amazed by the abuse that rod took. I was watching expecting the rod to explode at any minute! He had that thing bent over way past double...

Not 100% certain, but I think that was a Shimano Trevala rod. Those things look like they would be one heck of a good heavy cat rod, but for around $150 they are a bit out of my price range.

·
Banned
8,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You know, I bet that trip wouldnt be too expensive either.:wink:

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
i agree, if u go down there & then just decide to go fishing!!!I'm sure u can find someone to show around down there!!!!

·
Banned
10,335 Posts
You know, I bet that trip wouldnt be too expensive either.:wink:
Under $2500 bucks.

A plane ticket to Puerto Rico is around $400. Ferry to Suriname about $100. I'm sure with about $2000 American dollars, you can find a knowlegable local fisherman that can take you to these spots for dirt cheap.

·
Banned
10,335 Posts
You forgot to mention what channel it comes on. I saw that 9 foot 640 lb mekong giant being caught though it took 6 or 7 men and a sein the entire width or the mekong river in thailand.
National Geographic Channel (Direct TV channel 276).

The show was called Hooked Monster Fish.
It also tells the story of the world record blue from Alton, IL.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.