Giant dead flathead catfish

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by jerseycat9, Mar 8, 2007.

1. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
  2. D_Weezy

D_Weezy Active Member

State:
    Cadiz, Ohio
    Name:
    Dale
    Who are these guys? They sound like Beavis and Butthead. I have better things to do than play with a dead catfish. I didn't finish watching it. I hope they took that plastic bottle out of it's mouth before they let it go. To each his own, I guess.:confused2:

3. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    sorry man didnt mean to offend I was just impressed with the size of the fish and posted it really didnt pay attention to any thing but the fish

4. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    could have died of old age:confused2:

5. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    thats what I was thinking

6. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I must agree with Brother Dale!
    While I understand,very well, that death is a part of life, I do not regal in it, nor do I find joy, or pleasure, in the death of a wonderful example of the diversity of life on our planet as those in the "movie" apparently did!
    I too did not finish viewing the "movie"!:sad2:
    As one Brother said "to each his own", but it's not for me either!
    That is all I have to say.
    Fraternally,
    Coyote1
    [[[[[End of Post]]]]]

7. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Thats in my Home waters :sad2: ..Lake Sangchris. I know the exact cove they are in heh....
    I don't know these guys, but you can tell they are BASS fishermen, and have never seen anything big like that before... Later on they make a comment about "We need to learn how to catch these!" heh... I don't think they are finding pleasure in it being dead, more so, they are just freaking out at finding something so BIG since a big fish for them is 5lbs.... Just think back to when the first time you seen a large cat...

8. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    At least it was already dead and those idiots did not torture it.

9. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    I have never seen a big giant catfish before. And if I had found I would probably act just as retarted as they did. Till we grow a giant in Jersey Im stuck with channels. I remember growing up at our cabin in canada and every so often a giant pike or musky would come floating in from the main lake into our bay and I would take the raft to go inspect. Just curious is all. Didnt want to make a big deal.

10. joadb

joadb Member

State:
    Clinton, Ohio,
    i agree-i watched it about a week ago and i just found it a little bit strange!

11. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    With Coyote,That was gross!! Those guys thought it was funny! Take a picture fine but to "play with it" I don't think so! Say Yuck 3 times!!:sad2:

12. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    immagine if ya found a dead t-rex. ide be looking at it too. i think there prob was in a little baggie from the sound of things. as far as sticking bottles in its mouth that was un called for. but they said something about showing grandpa. i see no prob with being facinated about something though.

13. catchaser1

catchaser1 New Member

State:
    Anderson S.C.
    easy people it was already dead, it wasnt somebody's pet

14. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    Besides the kids' actions I was surprised to see such a huge dead flathead. I am just fascinated with the species so I was more inclined to turn the volume down and watch for a few moments. I suppose it was either old age or a long hard fight the broke its last thread of life. Obviously, any of us catfishermen would treat the dead creature with respect and reverence. Those guys, however, just don't feel the same way as we do.

15. crazfish

crazfish New Member

State:
    arkansas
    GOTTA REMEMBER, SOME HAVE NEVER SEEN BIG FISH IN THERE LIVES. I HAVE NOT SEEN LARGE CATFISH BUT I USED TO LIVE IN CALIFORNIA AND I KNOW WHATS IT LIKE TO CATCH A BIG FISH. I CAUGHT 35 LB STURGEON AND HAVE SEEN PLENTY LARGER ONES IN MY TIME AND NOW I AM IN ARKANSAS AND AMAZED AT THE SIZES THESE CATS CAN GET UP TO.

16. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya i mean they wern't really trying to do anything wrong, well they didnt do anything wrong. they obviously had never seen such an amazing creature before. sure respect for the dead i understand but would you take your $50,000 suv off a road at 75 mph to miss a dead skunk? no. and would ya turn around and have the kid kid late for ball practice to burry the skunk? no!they played with it a bit much and posted it all over the web obviously but they were caught up in thier fasination and whatever made them sound like bevis and butthead and hopefully they didn't leave thier water bottle in the mouth when they dropped it but hey, whos to say they didn't drag it ashore and bury it? never know.:beat_shot: dont judge a book by its cover. ain't that a golden rule?

17. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Being that it was already dead I might have cut it up and used it for bait. I dont mean that to be mean to other posters it would have been ate up anyways. I also didnt really see how they were mistreating it (exept for the water bottle that was uncalled for). I would have been trying to look just the same since Ive never seen one that big either.

18. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

maybe a product of someones cpr??

19. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston

I was thinking the same thing: these guys are the real Beavis and Butthead
    but there is no law against that!...W

20. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    That is such a shame, that a catfish that big is found dead. Those guys was not treating it right, it should have been buried, or reported.