Giant Bluefin Tuna Seminar

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by billfish76, Jan 18, 2009.

1. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    If anyone fishes saltwater and wants to tackle the Giant Bluefins, BassPro is hosting a seminar Tuesday night at their Concord Location. A few guys and I will be attending.

Giant Blue Fin Tuna Fishing Presented by Capt Shane Bradford

Everyone is invited to this great seminar, you do not need to be a club member and it is free. I attended one of Shane's presentations last winter and it was excellent! Here is the note I just got from Dennis:

"We will be hosting Capt. Shane Brafford with Second to None charters from Morehead City.He is one of the top Captains in the area.He will be doing a seminar on catching giant bluefin tuna. The date is January 20th at Bass Pro upstairs. Meet and greet at 6:30 pm, dinner at 7 pm ($12) with our guest speaker around 7:30 pm.
    Thanks, Dennis Pless, President NC Waterman Piedmont Chapter

Please be kind enough to pass this along to anyone who may be interested.This a an opportunity to get up close and personal with the best in the business. Don't get caught saying I wish I had went. He is traveling over 300 miles one way to share his information with you. Just think of the gas and travrling time you will save.

2. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    They are having the same seminar at Tailwalker Marine on Feb 7th in Georgetown also. If you have ever wanted to fight the hardest fighting fish that has ever swam in ocean that Bluefin are for you and NOW is the time. I will be Bluefin fishing this week if the weather will ever cooperate. We got a 265lb beast last year and hope to top that this year.:wink:

PS if you wanna kow what it is like to fight 1 get you biggest rod-n-reel you have and spool it to the max. Stand on the interstate with a snagging hook on it and throw it at a 18 wheller and hold on.:smile2:

3. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Is that LEGAL??? :eek:oooh:

4. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Thats the truth, their hit is like snagging a truck. To me the best is dragging baits on the surface and watching them explode on the bait. They leave a hole in the water you can fit a small car in.

5. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Man! that would be something to see! Aint never ocean fished, but I'd like to latch into one them thangs.:big_smile:

6. stumphumper

stumphumper New Member

State:
    Ladson SC
    I had planned to head up to Southport this week and give them a whril, but it looks like this weather system is gonna jack up the seas. We may try again this weekend for three or four days if it lays down.

James- I was thinking an Amtrack would be a better representation...

7. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Sounds like fun, but I'm not much of an ocean goer. I HAVE been out, but prefer fresh water. I get sea sick! :wink::smile2::wink:

BB in SC

8. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I bet after about 20 minutes into the 3 hour battle you would change your mind.:smile2: I have NO DESIRE to ever reel in another 1 but it is a memeorable occasion and quite a tasty fish.

9. stumphumper

stumphumper New Member

State:
    Ladson SC
    You sound like me James. When going offshore I always try to carry a newbie or two to do the heavy lifting. Marlin, tuna, etc.

10. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    It was a great seminar. He covered everythng down to caring for the fish before killing it to get the most money at the market. Im leaving after work tomorrow to Morehead to give it a try Friday. Hopfully Ill have a report Saturday.

11. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Yeah Cary when you bleed 1 it is a blood bath. Cut out his gill plates whick by the way are like steel plates and cut around his tail.