GHOST BLIND (Mirrors)

Discussion in 'Hog Hunting' started by Luke Clayton, May 24, 2009.

1. Luke Clayton

Luke Clayton New Member

State:
    Texas
    Luke Clayton here. I've been trying out a new blind by Ghost Blind that, so far, I am really impressed with. It has mirrors on one side (the outside) and camo on the inside. It weighs a little over 20 pounds and comes with built in backstrap straps.
    Anyway, I set it up for hogs last week and it worked great,had 4 eating corn 15 yards from me. Of course, I set it up in some heavy cover and downwind of my baited area. I was wondering if the porkers could actually see themselves in the mirror and come in VERY close but, thanks to the angle the blind leans, only objects 3-5 feet away can be seen. I am planning a newspaper article on the new blind in a couple weeks but for now, I want to use it a couple more times in the hog woods. I do like hunting from the ground!

2. ga2oh

ga2oh New Member

State:
    ohio
    They had that blind at the deer and turkey show here in march. I thought it was an awsome idea, but was worried if it really worked or not. It sounds like it does so now maybe i'll have to go get one myself. Thank for the heads up.

3. Luke Clayton

Luke Clayton New Member

State:
    Texas
    I've been hog hunting from the Ghost Blind the past couple evenings. Hogs were moving after dark but had six or seven whitetail deer within 20 yards of the blind, even practiced drawing on them, without an arrow, of course! We're working on a video and got some good footage of the game within bowrange of the blind. Will be back next week attempting to get a porker on film and.... on the smoker!!

4. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    What effect does the sun have on them, as in shining a bright light where there isn't supposed to be a light?

5. ArmyCatfish

ArmyCatfish New Member

State:
    Georgia
    ive seen pictures of these and read some articles, it seams like thy work realy well i still have my worries though. such as the sun reflecting like said above or chipping off the mirroring

6. ga2oh

ga2oh New Member

State:
    ohio
    everything i read and saw they are angled downwards to reflect the forest floor. i'm still begging the wife to let me buy one to " test it out "

7. ArmyCatfish

ArmyCatfish New Member

State:
    Georgia
    ok so i got on the website for them they are amazing however waranty does not cover any chipping or scratching of the acrylic mirrors, which means you better take good care of this thing.

8. Luke Clayton

Luke Clayton New Member

State:
    Texas
    Here's the deal with the blind reflecting light: When you set it up, it's tilted slightly outward, which directs any direct sunlight straight to the ground. If you have a minute,go to my website www.catfishradio.com and watch the 2 short videos there on the opening page. It will give you a very good idea of how effective the blind really is... Luke Clayton

9. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    i have been to the website and they are amazing but for the price. prices are way to high for the big one or the little one. great idea but they outpriced themselves for the majority of hunters out there. i could see where guides or professional hunters or outdoor writers would use them. maybe that is who it is marketed for but in these economic times the price is way out of the common man/ hunters range. and for the price they want and no guarantee from chipping well thats not sound buisness sense.