Getting Sponsored...??

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by Joe4BigCats, May 30, 2008.

1. Joe4BigCats

Joe4BigCats New Member

State:
    Manhattan, Kans
    Does anyone have any Idea on how one can get Sponsored...??? I Love to fish and would spend every minute Fish.. If that were possible..??:wink:

2. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Get a boat , win some tournaments. :eek:oooh:

3. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    i agree with cathunter your going have to win or place high in tournaments and not just your hometown one. you will need to go on the road and and start placeing in them fish the ones that has big names in it.

good luck AND IT TAKES$$$$

4. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Learn how to catch bait. j/k:smile2:

5. kansas_catman_16

kansas_catman_16 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    i agree with the others u should buy u a boat and win some tournaments and once u start winnin thats when u'll get sponsered and u'll get the nicer boats and gear and the more u win the more sponsers u'll get

6. GawnFishin

GawnFishin New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Hey guys not to bug ya i grew up fishin tuttle creek the blue river and the black vermillion. I live out east now in atchison how are the waters out there been thinking about camping out at red bud.

7. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    tuttle is up 20+ feet and just started releasing 20,000

8. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Get down river from the tubes a ways and you might have some good luck.

9. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Went out by tuttle a little while earlier and the water is real muddy below the tubes. From the tubes down about 250 yds it is so muddy it looks like its only about a foot deep, then it stops right there and is normal dingy color. Really wierd I have never seen anything like that before. We only seen about 10 or so people fishing, didn't ask any body if they were catching but they looked like the same locals that are there everytime I go out there.

10. Tuttlecat

Tuttlecat Active Member

State:
    Wamego, Kansas,
    A friend dropped his camper off at the river pond yesterday and there was a fella making sinkers next to him at the next site. He told him there were a couple real nice flatheads caught Wednesday. Didn't say at the tubes or the pond, but somewhere down there. Good Luck

11. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Back to the original topic..... Getting sponsored has only a little to do with having a boat or winning tournaments. Of course it helps, but i order to get sponsored you need to be able to offer the company something they need and in a way that stands out from the crowd. Start with your employer and other local companies. Don't expect to start off with high dollar sponsorships. Entry fees and gas help a lot. Product sponsorships are also fairly easy to get. Wearing company shirts or placing a sponsors name on your shirt in exchange for eguipment is fairly easy to arrange. I haven't had to buy hooks, line, rod holders, rod/reels, or a landing net for the last few years just for promoting the products. It's not as easy as it sounds though.

Give me a call if you want to discuss anything in detail.