getting rid of the stink?

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by MadKater, Aug 1, 2006.

1. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    welp i had a tub of that danny kings punch bait in the tool box of my truck and some how the tub busted open and the crap got everywhere,i had to throw a bunch of stuff away that was in my tool box and ive cleaned the box out with dawn dish soap and fast orange but still have that nasty smell in it...anyone got any ideas on how to remove that smell? im tellin ya that stuff flat out stinks. it gets really hot in that tool box an if my truck stays in the sun for anytime at all that smell just get worse...........maybe i should just fill it with gas an light on fire lol......any help will be appreciated...thanks

2. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    lmao lmao lmao yeah here try putin a couple boxes of backing soda in that tool box lmao

3. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Might try some baking soda w/ water , maybe some bleach or amonia , maybe lemon juice .Give some of theses a try they are not tot expensive .
    Brian

4. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Throw your toolbox away and start using fresh bait.lol. I hear ya on the stink.

5. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Try some bleach and water, and leave it open in the sun for a day, then the baking soda, sooner or later you will just get used to it and not smell it any more! HA!:lol:

When I was in about 8th grade, I took my Dad's scout fishing one day. I guess my jar of shad gizzards roled under the back seat, and I did not see it. It was back there for a few months, and in August, it got hot enough one day while he was at work and the lid blew off!! He and his buddy had to drive home (about 25 miles) with there heads out the windows, and it was about 100 degrees!! You talk about a butt chewin! I don't think we ever got that smell out of that truck!:roll_eyes:

6. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    lol thanks folks..ill try the baking soda thing...funny thing is i have never really used any type of prepared bait before and the first time i buy some it does this to me lol......ill stick with what ever i catch in my cast net for now on i reckon.

7. elalr

elalr New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    bounce dryer sheets. when the sun shines down on it it will activate and really soak up the smell. also charcoal works well to pick up smell.

8. stephens

stephens New Member

State:
    clarksville tn
    put a quart of tomato juice in it and leave it for a couple of hours that should take the smell out of it. hope that helps

9. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    That is a very good idea. Empty out your tool box and pour in a bag of charcoal followed by a box of baking soda. Leave it in there for a week or so.

10. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    lol some of yall sound like ya know what your talking about.i guess if your gonna be a catfisherman ya need to know how to remove stink sometimes ;)
    thanks for the help folks.

11. elalr

elalr New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    well you know what they say stink bait happens. Im always leaving bait of all types in my truck or garage.

12. chris45601

chris45601 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Well, i just saved my wife from leaving my stink bait and cut shad up stairs in our room I just took a box of baking soda and cut the top of it and put it into the closet where she put my cut shad and stink bait.It worked pretty good

13. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    lmao.um why would she put stink bait and cut shad in your closet? :crazy:

14. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    I don't know about tool boxes but Johnson's Baby Bath will take the smell off your hands. It works better than anything else I've tried.

ST

15. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    I have found that leaving it out in the sun for a week will take away just about any smell after you have washed it out with bleach.

16. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    I've heard that newspapers will take the stink out of an ice chest after keeping fish in it. I left some shad gizzards in my wife's trunk one time. We threw everything away that was in the trunk, and then soaked the whole trunk with Febreze. Worked surprisingly well. I'd say if hte toolbox was metal, that you oughta try a very strong bleach & hot water treatment, then fill that baby with lightly wadded up newspapers. Either that or sell it at a garage sale & go get another one.

J

17. chris45601

chris45601 New Member

State:
    ohio
    LoL...Come one do i really have to justify that with an awnser. Even though she is an RN. Let';s just say she's not the brightest crayon in the box and i did let her smell it once because i mean like that and i got a chuckle.

18. cnwamw

cnwamw New Member

State:
    texas
    man that really sucks that stuff is hard enough to get off you hands

19. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    i caught a skunk in a trap acouple of days ago and got sprayed i looked on the internet to find something to get rid of the smell try using proxide baking soda and dish soap it worked on me cant hurt

20. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    I use just a little Crest toothpaste and water to take the smell off my hands, never tried it on a tool box though. Now I mean to say, that was a funny story from my side, sure it's a bummer on yours. ROTFLOL