Getting rid of a waterline stain

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by Grumper, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I was wondering if anybody had any tips for getting rid of a waterline stain. Mine is pretty bad being, that I spend a lot of time on the river, and I am wanting to clean up and sell my boat. It's a painted boat, so I didn't want to use anything that will eat the paint off. I've tried just soap and water with a scrub brush and it won't phase it. I've got some stains on the motor I'd like to get rid of too. Any ideas??

2. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I had the same problem, Gary. I found Scrubbing Bubbles to work real great. It also got rid of the black "soot" or whatever regular pollution causes on white painted surfaces.

3. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Castrol Super Clean works pretty well. It's strong enough that you might want to dilute it a little.

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    YEP! What Tom said. Spray it on. Walk away, comeback and hit it with a brush if it was real funky and then hose it off. Hell. It works on the tub when I'm done. LOL!

5. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    yeah what those guys said--plus preventive maint. spray it down when you get back water lines come off easy b4 they dry--just a washcloth and a hose--that way it dont build up.

6. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    They won't let katfishn swim in the Mississippi river, he leaves a ring there too....LOL Sorry K, that was way too easy to let alone !! LOL...:smile2:

7. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    big G I have a feeling that you use to try and bite those bubbles when you were a kid.:smile2:

8. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY

YEP! Sure did. It was called "GORPIN" LOL! We also had a "HIFFLE SNIFFER" competition. Can't go into the details on the later on an open board. LOL! Now at 55 and a good diet of ruffage ya should see the bubbles now. LOL!

9. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    to much info. LOL later Andy

10. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    Get you some Slimy Grimy. They sell it at most boat dealerships. It costs about $20 for a tub that will last 1 or 2 washes. I use it once a year. Trust me, it is worth every penny as long as you read the directions. It will eat that stuff off like there is no tomorrow. One of the best products on the planet.

11. KG_CHawkX2

KG_CHawkX2 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    for fiberglass boats they make some stuff called fsr, fiberglass stain remover, its incredible how well this stuff works, but looking back i think it might take the paint and all right off yours.