Getting ready

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by pappy3, Sep 12, 2007.

1. pappy3

pappy3 New Member

State:
    texas
    Well everyone I am getting ready for my fall and winter cat-fishing! I haven't fished since may so I am getting antsy. I had a good season last winter but I looking forward to a better one this year! I have a friend that lives in tennessee
    and he comes down to winter over in the south with his RV. I talked to him the other day and he too is looking forward to getting here. Last year we had too much rain and the lake got really high, so much so that bait was scattered in the woods . I am planning on putting out my perch traps early this year to see if I can get some shad in them, does anyone have a good shad attractant for bait traps? thanks pappy3

2. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Very cool, I hope to start winter fishing to. But I am busy with college right now.

3. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I don't care too much for the cold, but the catfishing can be HOT in the wintertime. When the water is cold is the best time to catch a big ol' blue as far as I'm concerned. I don't know about shad attractants, I usually catch bream now and freeze them to use in the winter. Good luck fishin'.

4. pappy3

pappy3 New Member

State:
    texas
    I didn't know you could freeze brim and it still work for you?
    I know shad has a stronger smell than brim so that is why I would freeze them. Thanks for the info. I would rather the cold to the heat, that is why I haven't fished since may!
    pappy3