Getting ready

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by blackhorse83, Aug 9, 2006.

1. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Even though it is around 100 here in Missouri, I still broke out the decoys and started getting ready, straighten out weights and lines repairing stuff and checking out gear. It's great to spend some quality time with my dog even if all he does is lay on the cool garage floor.Dang I think I can smell gun powder and see feathers flying!!

2. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    I heard on the radio the other day they extended the early teal season this year due to high numbers. Good news for us. Better get my decoys out and get them ready too.

3. DuckNurse

DuckNurse New Member

State:
    Cape Girardeau, Missouri
    It will be here before we know it boys!!! Now if we could just get some water down here...

4. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    No joke I thought it was just us on the other side of the state, we need water bad before the ducks fly!!

5. YeeHaw

YeeHaw New Member

State:
    Quincy Illinois
    Seems like you got Duck fever. I've got Buck and Coon fever. Can't wait.

6. DuckNurse

DuckNurse New Member

State:
    Cape Girardeau, Missouri
    It ain't no fever, it's a disease with no known cure. The only way to contol it is with a heavy prescription of early mornings, whistling wings, and a wet dog. Topped off with a few smoking gun barrels!!!:003:

7. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    I got it too. Our season was just set. 107 days and 7 duck limit. Can't wait.......

8. DuckNurse

DuckNurse New Member

State:
    Cape Girardeau, Missouri

Ask and you shall recieve I guess:big_smile: How much are you guys getting over there?? It's been hit and miss over here, but when it's a hit...it's a home run at least. I hope it keeps it up for a few more weeks!!

9. DuckNurse

DuckNurse New Member

State:
    Cape Girardeau, Missouri

Wow...what we could do with a 107 day season around here.:eek:oooh: Looks like we're going to get another 60 day 6 duck season. Dates will be set later this month. Then the vacation planning will start!!:big_smile:

10. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    We recieved about an inch here at the house, I hope more at the lakes, but we'll take all we can get!!! And your right duck hunting is a serious addiction, some like boose, some like dope, me I like cat fishing and getting my gun off on mallards and canada geese, and working the but off my lab. I don't even care if I ever shoot or not as long as I get to work the dog!! WHoo HOOOOO BRING ON THE FALL FLIGHT!!!!!!!

11. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I'm getting exctied too! I've got a blind draw this weekend so hopefully I can get one and a good one at that! I'm ready to shoot some ducks and geese thats for sure.

12. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    I've got my shotgun shells and thats about it, this will be my first year duck hunting. I have hunted everything else in Kansas except for duck.

chris

13. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Chis be careful it is very adictive, I mean really, it is BAD!!!!

14. Quackcephus

Quackcephus New Member

State:
    TX
    We've just about got all the gear lined out. Now we're scoutin' all the low water, as we haven't had a decent rain in quite awhile. :crazy:

15. bird_dog2011

bird_dog2011 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    WOW u guys dont get any rain do you we get 4 inches a week in camanche iowa on the mississippi river i hope it gets cold because the CANVSBACK WILL COME ya we got to many mallards and woodys but theres no such thing as too many is there...lol i like goose hunting too

16. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Well, when you get too many ducks just give the old horse a call and I will help you out with that problem!