GETTING READY

Discussion in 'Crappie Fishing' started by bigd4xman, Aug 21, 2009.

1. bigd4xman

bigd4xman New Member

State:
    Haysville, KS
    Well, I'm starting to gear up for the fall Crappie season. Got 2 of my long jiggin rods and one for cranks and spinners or float fishing set up and ready to go. Going to hit some brush tomorrow and where a large creek and river come together here close by. Just wondering if anyone else has had any luck on jigs yet this year, since I like to jig for them and feel that THUMP. Also, any Kansas crappie fisherman in my area that have a boat and aren't afraid to get around some brush and dead head trees and fairly shallow water, I'd be willing to do a little guiding to get some time on a boat in. Been fishing these waters for Crappie and Catfish since I was about 8 so I know where to go.

2. rmoberly

rmoberly New Member

State:
    Bartlesville, O
    Caught a 1/2 lb crappie last night at Hudson Lake (Bartlesville city lake) off the dam with a pink/yellow tube and a bit of worm. Didn't take the time to pickup some minnows as the water has been too warm. Seems to be cooling some. Anyway, wife wanted to catch some blue gills. This week seems to be cooling down some, so looks good soon.

We are in Bartlesville. New to the forum.

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC. Love me some crappie fishing also. Especially that winter bite.

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Richard Welcome to the Brotherhood. The crappie fishing should be picking up soon.:0a18::0a25::0a25:

5. SHOWME

SHOWME Well-Known Member

State:
    Nixa, Mo
    Well I'm shocked! Last year I posted about all the crappie I was catching up the creek at Truman in the Late fall and nobody said anything!!
    I think that this fall stuff and I've only been doing this for 2 years now, is wayyyy better than spring fishing, these fish just have their white flags up and waiting for your jig:crazy:

6. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Welcome to the BOC Richard:big_smile:

7. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Use the tubebaits on your jigs, blue/white.. and red/white are the most classic and productive ones. If those are not giving you the best of luck switch to pink/white.. they tear them up down here.

8. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    O yeah and before I forget, Welcome to the BOC can't forget that.:big_smile:

9. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Good luck on the crappie fishing

10. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Forgot to welcome ya to the BOC Richard!!

11. luvndabeers

luvndabeers New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Do you ever troll for crappies? It's about the only way i fish for em' anymore. 1/16 oz white-glow in the dark jig head red and white YUM or southern pro grub on one rod and red jig head brown and pink grub on another. set the trolling motor on 1 and just go at it.

12. bigd4xman

bigd4xman New Member

State:
    Haysville, KS
    Well, the cooler weather is steadily setting in so the crappie bite should steadily start picking up. Going after some minnows tomorrow and then gonna go after them Crappy Pappy as I like to call them late in the morning and if I have no luck then, I will go late in the evening, its cooler then either way so I can enjoy my coffee and hopefully enjoy catching some nice slabs and maybe a few cats since I fish for both at the same time usually this time of year. Water is up which is also good for the bite around here.