Getting Ready!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by CatFuStyle, Jan 26, 2009.

1. CatFuStyle

CatFuStyle New Member

State:
    Xenia, Ohio
    ok i havnt seen this yet, so i figured id start it.

What is the must do's and have's to getting ready for this seasons fishing adventures...

i know everyone stocks up on sinkers and hooks and what not, but what are some of the things BOC bothers and sisters do to prepare your equipment, rigs, etc...

i know i always go over my reels and clean them and grease and lube and get all of last years gunk out of them, go through my tackle and reorganize it all since it gets all crazy by the end of the season, sharpen bait knives, clean up any mud or dirt from the plastic boxes and such, since i dont have a boat i dont have to worry about that, but everyone chime in...

2. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I am lucky in the fact that I get to fish year round...So in return everything I have including my garage looks like an F5 Tornado ran through it..:eek:oooh:

3. andrew76

andrew76 New Member

State:
    southwest ohio
    Well i love playin with all my $hi@ all the time so after a while i dont have nothen else to do!:sad2:

4. andrew76

andrew76 New Member

State:
    southwest ohio
    Well im always messen with my crap all the time!!

5. CatFuStyle

CatFuStyle New Member

State:
    Xenia, Ohio
    well for me being a new single father, its rough to stay up on the equipment, but i usually take a week or two and just get it all done and ready for the season, i know this year im building myself some custom rod holders that noone has seen the likes of for bank fishing, good thing i have a friend who can weld really good.:smile2:

6. andrew76

andrew76 New Member

State:
    southwest ohio
    I feel ya brother i need to do the same thing!!

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I also try to fish year round. One thing I do to maintain my equipment is that everything I need is on the boat. So if I anchor in and the fish are being lazy, I can easily go over one of my rods/reels while I wait. As for sinkers, It only takes a few hours to get enough to get me thru the year. Hooks I buy bulk, so that is not an issue either