Getting ready for Lake Conroe

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by divingcat, Jan 12, 2010.

1. divingcat

divingcat New Member

State:
    Texas
    Well, it looks like we will have a little warmer weather for the next few days and I am planning a trip to lake Conroe. Have any of you fellas been on this lake lately?

2. Blind In Texas

Blind In Texas New Member

State:
    Houston, T-E-X-A-S
    I haven't been on that lake in many years. Last time I went there, in a boat, the brother and I nearly capsized our 16'r in the swells. Terrible front moved through there. 3' swells there were. He sold the boat shortly afterward and I've only been there one time since. I have a couple of yaks now, but, I know that lake is deep and can muster up the swells in a hurry ;)

Good luck!

3. divingcat

divingcat New Member

State:
    Texas
    Lake Houston and Lake Conroe both are dangerous in high winds. The best catfishing on Conroe is north and that is better protected than the southern end of the lake. Lake Houston scares me more than Conroe in high winds.

4. divingcat

divingcat New Member

State:
    Texas
    I am really getting that fishing bug. I have my boat in storage on Lake Conroe and I will go charge the batteries and bring the gasoline tanks home this next week. I had wanted to fish this weekend but the weather is too bad to take my wife out in it since she does not really have a lot of experience catfishing. When we do go, I plan on setting jugs and then rod and reel fishing. I will use cubed beef hearts soaked in veg oil and garlic powder. I will also try and catch so shad.

5. anakin

anakin Member

State:
    Florence, Az.
    Just moved to Conroe area a few months ago. My poles are still back in Tucson & im still trying to get my finances straight but if you every need a shipmate. Im your man Captain, salute.

6. divingcat

divingcat New Member

State:
    Texas
    Got a lot of things going on in my life now but I really want to get to the lake soon. Yesterday and today would have been great as far as the weather goes. I plan on renting a cabin on the lake for a couple of days soon and my wife and I are going catfishing and maybe try for some hybrids also.

7. anakin

anakin Member

State:
    Florence, Az.
    You can rent cabins on the lake ? Thats awesome. I just got a job in Corrections. I should have my finances straight shortly. Im sure my girl would be more comfortable in a cabin then in a tent. She's kind of a girly girl.

8. anakin

anakin Member

State:
    Florence, Az.
    whats a good site to look up cabins for rent ?