Getting Out of Catfishing

Discussion in 'BUY AND SELL - MAKE $$$ - GET CHEAP DEALS' started by flatheadfisher, Feb 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flatheadfisher

flatheadfisher New Member

State:
    NC
    I have a back injury and I can't fish and hunt like I want to anymore. I have sold almost all of my fishing and hunting stuff. The last thing to go is my boad. I have had this SeaArk 1448 since it was new in 1996 and the 25 hp 4-Stroke Yamaha which I bought new in 1999. The boat has not been on the water since I took it duck hunting in December of 2007. The boat has an aluminum floor with Styrofoam flotation installed between the ribs to make it quieter. It has aluminum sides and the back seats and deck are cut out for storage. It is wired for a trolling motor and lights. It comes with an Eagle Optima Sonar, rod holders, decoy net, etc. It also has a custom live well. It needs some minor repairs like a new light fixture and some switches. I really don't feel like cleaning it up. So, I am offering it for 2,950 dollars cash as it sits - leaves and all. If it doesn't sale, I will have it cleaned and serviced - of course, it will cost more then.

Here is the link to the modifications that I made: http://brotherhood-of-catfishermen....7169.html?1094354610]boat%20modifications

Here are some pics as it sits from my personal website (the date on the pictures is wrong) http://michaelayers.smugmug.com/gallery/7111072_dgAqC/1/455954895_5SsV9

I live in Winston-Salem.

2. 07_hemi_thunderroad

07_hemi_thunderroad New Member

State:
    north caro
    sorry to hear about this mike! i wish you the best!

3. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Mike sorry to hear about your back. I hope the best to you in the future and maybe you will be able to get back into fishing. Good luck on getting your boat sold.

Tom

4. Tubby Catfishin

Tubby Catfishin New Member

State:
    Ramseur, North Carolina
    I see you posted it here. Thanks again for the rods. I cant wait to get em wet!

5. TrapperMike

TrapperMike New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Sorry to hear your not able to get out as offten as you like ,hope all works out for you

6. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    MAN Brother I am there also (since 1997) But just because you can't like you want, Don't stop all together. If ya ever need or want to BS drop me a line, I have many, many. many modifications to keep me chugg'n along, would be more than welcome to chat anytime if you ever need or want to......

7. upncomincatfishking

upncomincatfishking New Member

State:
    Cheviot Ohio
    I hate to hear that I wish the best for you.

8. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    sorry to hear that, I pulled a muscle in my back or something at work, I know it can shut you down, I put the ice and heat on mine regularly good luck,I went and didnt hunt and fish for a while and I just had to get my self back to it. Ive been hanging on one of those inversion tables dont know if it would help you but it gives me some relief

9. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Mike you will be in my prayer's!!

10. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    I've been avoiding surgeons for the passed 13 years thanks to the help of Chiropractors. I can still do some things that I want to do as long as I'm carefull. Don't give up fishing all together, it has helped me to stay busy while I try to find work that I'll be able to do.

11. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    sorry ta hear about your back injury, iv'e had 3 back surgeries and have an implanted spinal cord stimulator since 1999, i've slowed down some but that won't keep me off the water, keep the faith:wink:

12. flatheadfisher

flatheadfisher New Member

State:
    NC
    Thanks, guys!

13. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    I remember when you posted those mods to your boat on the old BOC looks like a great boat and hope it sells soon for ya. I always liked reading your posts on flathead fishing on the old BOC. Here's hoping that you kick yourself in the butt soon because your back gets all better.

14. sjohn58

sjohn58 Guest

Do keep the faith, and I am so sorry to hear about the back injury.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.