Getting on lake moultrie

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by sharkfin, Nov 20, 2007.

1. sharkfin

sharkfin New Member

State:
    Bonneau, SC
    Hi everyone its been a while. I used to be CHEWY on here but that changed as you can see. Just a quick question, are they letting people through the locks on the tailrace into moultrie?

Oh and blackwatercatz, Nick says hi.:smile2:
    He got transfered to California and is doing pretty good.

2. Shrimp Man

Shrimp Man New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Matt,
    I read in an eariler thread that passing through the locks is being allowed.
    If you speak with Nick tell him I said hello. I had sent him a PM, I guess he never got it.

3. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Ditto to Nick from me, Matt. I didn't realize he had transferred, knew he had sold his boat, though. He can still get back on here when he gets settled in, and let us know how the California fishing is.
    I have also heard that the locks can be used, but I would call ahead this time of year. Access is also available on the diversion canal, and someone posted that Black's was dredging out their canal, but I can't confirm that.

4. sharkfin

sharkfin New Member

State:
    Bonneau, SC
    Yeah I called santee cooper yesterday and the guy working over there said to just call 30 minutes before and they would let me through. Hey blackwater Nick sold his boat to my dad. He lives down in Georgia but as we all know there is no water down there so guess what?:wink: I get to bring Nicks boat back home.:big_smile: