Getting Lazy I Guess

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by MRR, Jan 16, 2007.

1. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    went and got me a 32"wagon with 6"sides on it to put my fishing equip in so when I go fishing in certain spots I don't have to care all that stuff.poles ,bait ,net,tackle box,pole holders ,bait net.,basket (if I ever catch something to put in it):roll_eyes: and whaat ever else I can think of I might need. Getting to old to be carrying all that stuff,so I figured this would be easier. Haven't tried it yet,but can't see why it won't work.Put everything inside and strap it all down with bunge cords and good to go.Now is that getting lazy or not.It also has 6"rubber air filled tires on it so it should pull fairly easy.If not I know a granddaughter who will get a wagon.

2. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Steve(my husband) went and purchased a contraption that has a motorcyclewheel and it has handlebars that extend out on both sides. We figured we could strap our equipment onto it and I can push it down to the river.He's not suppose to lift or push unless it's something light in weight. I'm younger than you but seems like every winter I get to lookin to see what I can add to my arsenal So it gets to be as my mom always use to say(May she rest in peace) you got everything except the kitchen sink!:big_smile:

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Great idea guys but that wouldnt mak e me say your lazy at all we tend to get SMARTER with age and less effort translates to more energy to haul those big fish in right

4. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    :amazed: John I think that is just your sneaky way to get that Granddaughter to go fishing with ya:tounge_out: ...LOL....ya gonna ask her to help out Ol' Grandpa and pull the wagon huh?:shame: ...LOL

5. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I have used a wagon as you have described for a couple of years now. It especially comes in real handy when I go bass fishing at a pond. My friend, FuzzFace, and I have a small boat we leave at a pond. We load up the wagon with trolling motor, battery, tackle boxes, fishing poles, etc. and pull it about a quarter of a mile. Sure makes it easier on these old legs and arms. LOL

6. FishBrew

FishBrew New Member

State:
    North Texas
    getting smarter or using wisdom is often confused with being lazy ... well, thats what I tell the mrs and I'm sticking to it. :big_smile:

7. dademoss

dademoss Member

State:
    Ohio
    John,

We got smarter :)

8. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    ive used a garden cart for the last 5 years when I have over a half mile hike.

it sure helps!

9. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Darn if that don't look just like mine except mine is Red with wooden sides.I painted the sides Black to help protect them from the weather. Looks like you have the same tires too. Guess it wasn't such a dumb idea after all.